Do you know Yamuna River does NOT flow in Braj Vrindavan any more?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Shri Narendra Modi Ji
Hon’ble & Loved Prime Minister of India
New Delhi, INDIA
Bring Back River Yamuna to its People, Wildlife and Ecology.
On Mar 21, 2015, Hon'rble Shri Ravi Shankar Ji represented Shri Modi Ji and conveyed Hon'rble Prime Minister's message and assurance to concerned farmers, Saadhus, and other 80 millions dependents of Yamuna River that ALL of the demands of Yamuna Muktikaran Abhiyan have been accepted. It is well over one year and no significant efforts were made during this period. We did not expected it from our Hon'rble Prime Minister.
Understand the REAL problem with Yamuna River with this small presentation:
Facts of River Yamuna
• All the waters of Yamnotri are taken away at Hathini Kund Barrage in Haryana after only a few kilometers of its birth. What remains after that is dry river bed on which Delhi pours its partially treated sewage.
• What flows on the River Bed of Yamuna in Delhi, Mathura-Vrindavan and Agra is simply & only sewage
of Delhi (without one drop of original natural fresh water of the river).
• "Around 23% of children living beside River Yamuna have high lead levels in their blood," said a study conducted by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with support of United Nations Children's Fund.
• Millions of religious/spiritual tourist visits Vrindavan, Mathura, Agra and Gokul every year (Government figures - 11.3 millions/2010). It is a shame that they are duped into bathing and drinking the filthiest of waters as none of them realize that it is only poisonous sewage. Their spiritual emotions and faith are being hoodwinked.
Today, every common Indian knows that the river is almost dead with fatal pollution loads and lack of Natural Fresh Waters to dilute it.
Demands of the Yamuna Muktikaran Abhiyaan
1. The river needs dilution capacity (Any river does)–An Adequate ecological flow of Natural Fresh Waters of Yamnotri along the Entire stretch of Yamuna at all costs.
Interestingly, various ministries & departments of Indian Government themselves declare that the Yamuna needs a basic adequate ecological flow of its natural fresh water to survive. Even the Supreme Court and the experts of IIT say the same.
2. A parallel channel/canal, as proposed by the Government earlier, alongside the river in Delhi that shall collect all sewage (treated / untreated) and divert it into Agra Canal. This shall free the River bed of most of its pollution. No amount of treatment can bring the qualities of Fresh natural water in a river.
We, the undersigned, fully support the Yamuna Muktikaran Abhiyaan and its justified demands. This shall bring back the original river back to its people, wildlife and ecology.
1. Hon’ble Chief Justice of India
2. Hon’ble Minister of Environment & Forests
3. Hon’ble Minister of Water Resources & Ganga Rejuvenation.
Today: Maan Mandir is counting on you
Maan Mandir needs your help with “Hon'rble Prime Minister of India: Do you know Yamuna River does NOT flow in Braj Vrindavan any more? Please keep you words from Mar 21, 2015 declaration (http://saveyamuna.org/21Mar2015).”. Join Maan Mandir and 4,344 supporters today.