Double Lincoln's Recycling Rate by 2020 With Recycle Lincoln!
This petition had 1,718 supporters
We can do better!
Lincoln is becoming known across the country as the 21st century place to live, work, learn, play and more. Our City has a reputation as a smart community that places a high value on environmental sustainability, fiscal responsibility and growing the future. Unfortunately, one place where Lincoln can do significantly better is in recycling.
What is Recycle Lincoln!?
Recycle Lincoln! is a proposal by Mayor Chris Beutler. The proposal is intended to increase recycling opportunities for citizens, expand the local economy, reduce the need for expensive landfill expansion, and grow a sustainable future for ourselves and our children.
How would the Recycle Lincoln! proposal work?
- To increase recycling rates, corrugated cardboard will be banned from the landfill in 2017. Newspaper will be banned in 2018 and mixed office paper in 2019.
- The City will launch a community based education program to promote how to recycle, where to recycle and what to recycle across the city.
- All waste haulers will offer curbside recycling service to residents, apartments, and businesses.
- The 28 current public recycling drop off sites will be expanded for those who don’t want to subscribe to curb-side recycling services.
What can I do to get involved?
- Sign this petition and share it as many friends and family members as you can via social media and email! Our hash tag is #recycLNK!
- Send support emails and letters to: the Mayor at Mayor@lincoln.ne.gov and to your City Council representative.
Thank you for your support to build a more sustainable community!
Today: Recycle is counting on you
Recycle Lincoln! needs your help with “Help Lincoln double its Recycling rate by 2020!”. Join Recycle and 1,717 supporters today.