- Yang Berhormat Datuk Latiff bin Tamby ChikChairman of the committee of state (of melaka) Tourism, Culture and Heritage
- Atty SuhaitiSecretary to Y.B. Datuk Hj. Abd. Ghafaar Bin Hj. Atan
- Shamsudin bin SalimPrivate secretary of the government of Melaka, Tun Datuk Seri Utama Mohd. Khalil Bin Yaakob
- Abdul Kadir bin Hj. Md IdrisHead of department of Melaka Tourism Promotion
- Mellessa Adriane MustafaSpecial assistant to the minister (Perhilitan)
- Dr. Zaaba Zainol AbidinDeputy Director General II (Perhilitan)
- James Agat DiggatSecretary (Perhilitan)
- Burhanuddin Mohd NorDirector of Consultant (Perhilitan)
- Dato' Abd Rasid SamsudinDirector General (Perhilitan)
- Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Bin Tun Abdul RazakPrime Minister of Malaysia
- Y.B. Datuk Hj. Abd. Ghafaar Bin Hj. AtanADUN Gadek, Melaka
- Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu KoonMinister in the PM's dept.
- Tuan Haji Kamarudin Bin Md. ShahYang Dipertua Majlis Perbandaran Alor Gajah
- Majlis Perbandaran Alor GajahMajlis Perbandaran Alor Gajah
- Datuk Seri Haji Mohd Ali bin Mohd RustamChief minister of Melaka
- Lim Chow BengDirector of Office of Tourism Ministry of Melaka
Help Free 8 Orangutans From Malaysia’s Alcatraz Prison For Orangutans?
The A’Famosa tourist park is primarily a golf resort situated about 70 miles south of Kuala Lumpur.
The 8 orangutans have been kept in cramped, dark, indoor quarters for the last 18 months, with no fresh air, no sun on their backs, no rain, nothing to play with or do all day.
The government has a long history of protecting the resort from prosecution for handling illegally obtained orangutans.
The A’Famosa resort should never be allowed to keep these orangutans.
We would greatly appreciate your support in the form of signing this petition which will automatically trigger sixteen emails being sent to key government people, including the Prime Minister.
On behalf of these orangutans who are unable to help or speak for themselves, thank you.
- Chairman of the committee of state (of melaka) Tourism, Culture and Heritage
Yang Berhormat Datuk Latiff bin Tamby Chik
- Secretary to Y.B. Datuk Hj. Abd. Ghafaar Bin Hj. Atan
- Private secretary of the government of Melaka, Tun Datuk Seri Utama Mohd. Khalil Bin Yaakob
Shamsudin bin Salim
- Head of department of Melaka Tourism Promotion
Abdul Kadir bin Hj. Md Idris
- Special assistant to the minister (Perhilitan)
Mellessa Adriane Mustafa
- Deputy Director General II (Perhilitan)
Dr. Zaaba Zainol Abidin
- Secretary (Perhilitan)
James Agat Diggat
- Director of Consultant (Perhilitan)
Burhanuddin Mohd Nor
- Director General (Perhilitan)
Dato' Abd Rasid Samsudin
- Prime Minister of Malaysia
Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Bin Tun Abdul Razak
- ADUN Gadek, Melaka
Y.B. Datuk Hj. Abd. Ghafaar Bin Hj. Atan
- Minister in the PM's dept.
Tan Sri Dr. Koh Tsu Koon
- Yang Dipertua Majlis Perbandaran Alor Gajah
Tuan Haji Kamarudin Bin Md. Shah
- Majlis Perbandaran Alor Gajah
Majlis Perbandaran Alor Gajah
- Chief minister of Melaka
Datuk Seri Haji Mohd Ali bin Mohd Rustam
- Director of Office of Tourism Ministry of Melaka
Lim Chow Beng
Yang Amat Berhormat Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Bin Tun Abdul Razak
Office of the Prime Minister
Blok Utama, Bangunan Perdana Putra
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan
Dear Prime Minister,
I am writing to ask if you will please have ALL the orangutans immediately removed from the A’Famosa amusement park?
The incarceration of 10 or more orangutans inside these indoor cages for over a year is inexcusable and I do not accept the feeble excuse that a new enclosure for them is still being built.
The A’Famosa park has been caught with illegal orangutans in the past hasn’t it? And they were not prosecuted were they?
The park has previously shown it is not capable of caring for orangutans – for that matter any wild animals. We all remember the drugged tiger and the wild animals forced to perform humiliating acts to entertain the amusement park’s tourists.
Will you, Prime Minister, put the welfare of these orangutans before that of the park’s owners?
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." Martin Luther King Jr.
Friends of the Orangutans started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,745 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.