New Zealanders against Iceland killing Blue Whales
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
- PETITION OVERVIEW -
Blue whales including pygmy blue whales are protected worldwide since the 1960s by all countries signed under the International Whaling Commission (IWC). These countries include Iceland, Japan and New Zealand.
Recent international news show the Iceland Company Hvalur hf have killed a Blue Whale:
New Zealanders are requesting the IWC and Iceland Government to deliver Natural Justice for the Countries signed under the international treaty and the global concern shown by millions of people worldwide.
- PETITION AUDIENCE -
Petition from New Zealanders to International Whaling Commission
- Joji Morishita, Chair, IWC
- Andrej Bibic, Vic Chair, IWC
Petition from New Zealanders to the Iceland Government:
- Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Prime Minister
- Bjarni Benediktsson, Minister of Finance & Economic
- Svandís Svavarsdóttir, Minister of Health
- Kristján Þór Júlíusson, Minister of Fisheries & Agriculture
- Lilja Alfreðsdóttir, Minister of Education, Science & Culture
- Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson, Minister of Transport and Local Government
- Sigríður Á Andersen, Minister of Justice
- Ásmundur Einar Daðason, Minister of Social Affairs and Equality
- Þórdís Kolbrún Reykfjörð Gylfadóttir, Minister of Tourism, Industry and Innovation
-Guðmundur Ingi Guðbrandsson, Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources
Petition from New Zealanders to Hvalur hf Whaling Company:
- Kristjan Loftsson, CEO, email@example.com
- Gudmundur Steinbach, CFO, firstname.lastname@example.org
- PETITION REQUEST-
New Zealanders are asking for the following actions to be undertaken by the IWC, Iceland Government and Hvalur hf Whaling Company.
- Effective immediately all whaling by Hvalur hf Whaling Company are stopped until a full independent investigation is undertaken by the IWC to why a Blue Whale, protected by the IWC worldwide since the 1960s, was hunted and killed by Hvalur hf Whaling Company.
- That the IWC impose strict penalties on the Iceland Government and Hvalur hf for breaking the international law by hunting and killing a Blue Whale.
- That the Hvalur hf Whaling Company is fully investigated by the Government of Iceland for the breach of the international global treaty set by the IWC and participating countries.
- That the Government of Iceland impose strict penalties in accordance with the International Treaty and Icelandic Law for Hvalur hf breaking these laws.
- That the Government of Iceland impose strict regulations on Hvalur hf Whaling Company to ensure that future practices by Hvalur hf are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of Blue Whales including pygmy blue whales, as outlined by the IWC.
- That the Government of Iceland and IWC set up a "checks and balances" process to ensure that catches by Hvalur hf are independently verified and reported back to both the Iceland Government and IWC to ensure compliance with international treaty.
- That the IWC establish that all whaling companies worldwide must be registered with the IWC.
- That the IWC establish a "checks and balances" process to ensure accurate recording of whale hunting worldwide.
- We want it noted that the IWC to date has allowed whale hunting in countries in the Northern Hemisphere for scientific and cultural reasons but "A full assessment of present status has not been carried out" (Northern Hemisphere) and until this is carried out the IWC is negligent in regards to it's key principle for the "conservation of whales and the management of whaling" without these figures.
- That the IWC undertake a record as soon as possible into the number of whale numbers in the Northern Hemisphere in accordance with the methodology of the Southern Hemisphere counts.
Today: Rob is counting on you
Rob Thomas needs your help with “Guðni Th. Jóhannesson: New Zealanders against Iceland killing whales”. Join Rob and 2,405 supporters today.