Eliminate single use plastic grocery bags!

Eliminate single use plastic grocery bags!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
At 5,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!
Wave Warriors Ocean Awareness Project started this petition to Walmart and

Wave Warriors is asking for your help to eliminate plastic grocery bags from major grocery stores. We believe if we can convince large supply chains to change, other businesses will follow them.

The average American family takes home almost 1,500 plastic shopping bags a year. According to waste management, only 1% of bags are returned for recycling, the remaining 99% end up polluting the environment. Our oceans are critical in the sustainability of this planet. Plastic bags kill more than 100,000 marine animals annually. Sea turtles mistake them for jellyfish, causing 1 in 3 to end up with plastic bags in their stomachs. All of this harm is caused by something that's used for an average of 12 minutes.

Together we can make a difference!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
At 5,000 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!