Green Pune Save Pune Movement
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Pune's splendor and pride are its rivers, water bodies, surrounding green belts , hills, gardens open spaces and natural features. They form the lungs of our city. Many recent decisions of the government of Maharashtra spell disaster for the city of Pune.
We vehemently oppose the government's decisions regarding the following and demand that these be revoked immediately:
- Allowing construction in the 'green and no development zones' in the name of affordable housing.
- Proposing construction of residential quarters for government officers on around 10.5 acres of land in the iconic Empress Botanical Garden.
- De-reserving two plots from Salim Ali bird Sanctuary and opening it up for construction , thus dividing the reservation for sanctuary in two parts.
- Destroying eco-system of the river and increasing risk of floods by-
- Channelization of the river by building concrete walls and encroachment by way of of reclamation, on adjoining lands under the name of river front development.
- Illegal shifting of blue and red flood lines towards the center of the river.
- Proposing 30 mts wide and 7 km long road inside the blue line of the Mula-Mutha river. This is a prohibitive zone.
Further we also urge the government to take immediate steps to safeguard the interest of people and the environment and immediately-
- Decide on the long pending compensation policy for acquisition of Bio diversity park (passed in Aug 2015) and implementing it at the earliest to avoid further encroachment and destruction of the hills reserved for the bio diversity park.
- Take action against rampant dumping of debris in the river, along the banks (especially Ramnadi and Mula confluence), on hills, nallas and roads.
Today: PARIVARTAN is counting on you
PARIVARTAN needs your help with “Green Pune Save Pune Movement”. Join PARIVARTAN and 1,335 supporters today.