Save Gorleston Recreation Ground
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
A proposal from Badger Building has been submitted to build a road across Gorleston Recreation Ground. This is to create a way in and out of its planned estate of 96 homes off East Anglian Way (behind St Mary and St Peter Catholic Primary School Gorleston).
As residents we are opposing this road. The proposed road cuts through a local popular green space which includes a children's playground, skatepark and basketball court, as well as hosting football matches. It's well used by children and families, dog walkers, residents, and students from the adjacent East Norfolk Sixth Form College.
We oppose this road because...
- The extra traffic endangers the safety of children, families and residents using the space
- It will increase noise levels for residents
- It will increase pollution levels
- The creation of this new road disturb the natural environment, including established trees, and have a negative environmental impact
- It will exacerbate the existing problem with parking for residents and those working in the area
- It would change the character of the area
Time is running out to submit your objection! Please do so by signing this petition AND lodging a direct objection through Great Yarmouth Borough Council's planning portal: http://planning.great-yarmouth.gov.uk/OcellaWeb/planningDetails?reference=06%2F17%2F0247%2FF&%3Bamp%3Bfrom=planningSearch and press 'Enter comment'.
Plus, copy the objection made to GYBC to David Sharman at Fields in Trust via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. They are the organisation that protect the Gorleston Rec and are awaiting contact from GYBC/Badger Building about this development.
There is an extended deadline for signing and sending the petition - we have until 3rd May 2018 to submit comment to Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Today: Genevieve is counting on you
Genevieve Rudd needs your help with “Great Yarmouth Borough Council: Save Gorleston Recreation Ground - don't build a road through our green space!”. Join Genevieve and 1,496 supporters today.