Support Paparamu Marae Trustees to have the truth acknowledged!
This petition made change with 46 supporters!
Paparamu Marae Trustees Philomena Roberts, Marlene Roberts and Jim Ngati have achieved the following Marae Goals;
- Marae Insurance - Obtained insurance for $1,000,000.00 with Willis NZ Ltd
- Audits - Successfully passed 2014 & 2015 Audits conducted by Allan Jeffs Chartered Accountant
- Completed urgent repairs and maintenance on Marae Buildings to meet the required safety standards
- Funding - have effectively managed Marae finances to be eligible to receive approximately $100,000.00 of funding from Raukawa Trust
- Marae Assets - have acquired Marae Assets to the value of $550,000 e.g. New Ovens, New tables, Website, 3d imaging of Building Plans for Marae Rebuild etc...
- Achieved highest income revenue & profit for Marae for the last 5 years
Despite their significant achievements for Paparamu Marae, Trustees have had unsubstantiated concerns/allegations submitted to the Waiariki Maori Land Court against them. It is unacceptable that Hapu members are submitting false statements before the Maori Land Court in order to try and have Trustees removed because of their own petty personal differences and out of spite. This is a takahia on the Mana of our Marae, our Tupuna and brings into question the integrity of its people.
Also Trustees have received unsatisfactory service from the Deputy Registrar who handled the last application to remove trustees 3.7.15 and her Team Leader. Their conduct too has caused unnecessary financial expense for Paparamu Marae, have caused Trustees to suffer unwarranted humiliation/stress and have hindered/prevented further progress regarding Marae Development.
If you are a descendant of one of the six sisters from Paparamu Marae then please sign our petition in support of the following;
- That the Waiariki Maori Land Court acknowledge Trustee concerns regarding the Bullying Behavior they have been barraged with; to take the concerns seriously and address them accordingly and that the evidence they have submitted is properly examined to clear their names of all false allegations.
- That Hapu Members proven to have submitted false allegations against Trustees should have to reimburse the Marae for any legal expenses incurred for Trustees having to defend themselves.
- That because of the Bullying Behavior of some Hapu Members the next AGM needs to be facilitated by the Waiariki Maori Land Court as per Judge Coxheads ruling 3.7.15.
- That previous Trustees who were in administration during the times Paparamu Marae went into debt should be held accountable and made to compensate any monies lost/unaccounted for during that time.
- That the Waiariki Maori Land Courts Deputy Registrar in question and her Team Leaders conduct/actions be investigated and dealt with accordingly
It is imperative that the truth is explained to Te Hapu o Te Apunga for them to be able to make better informed decisions that will benefit the Marae and enable them to support/back the right people to get the job done. Also it is important that this hara is resolved now and not left to carry on for future generations to inherit just as current Trustees have.
We want to leave our Mokopuna with a beautiful Marae that they can feel proud/happy/safe to come back to.
Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.” ― William Faulkner
Tungia te ururua, kia tupu whakaritorito te tupu o te harakeke - Clear the undergrowth so that the new shoots of the flax will grow.
If you require more information please email us at email@example.com
Today: Philomena is counting on you
Philomena Roberts needs your help with “Graeme Vercoe: Support Paparamu Marae Trustees to have the truth acknowledged!”. Join Philomena and 45 supporters today.