Cancellation of Final Year Examination in State of Maharashtra
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
As we all know, on 31st of May 2020 Honorable Chief Minister of Maharashtra cancelled Examination of final year due to the recent corona virus outbreak. He said that students will be promoted on the basis of past performance. It was a huge relief for 8 to 10 lakh students studying in Maharashtra for pursuing their UG and PG degree. But recently on 2nd of June the Governor of Maharashtra Bhagat Singh Koshyari has written to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray that decision regarding holding of the examinations of final year students ‘shall be taken in consonance with the provisions of the Maharashtra Public Universities Act’.
What we want is Governor of Maharashtra and Vice chancellor of universities should take the following things into consideration before taking any decisions regarding our future.
1. As you are Governor of the state, you must be aware of the situation of the state regarding Covid-19 outbreak. Maharashtra is the most affected state in India. Every day the cases are rising rapidly.
2. Chief Minister of Maharashtra directly said that it is impossible of us to take examination in July and not sure about next couple of months also as per current scenario and predictions.
3. It is very much difficult to entertain 8-10 lakh students via maintaining social distancing and other precautionary measures.
4. Maharashtra is education Hub. Cities like Mumbai, Nagpur and Pune having students from different cities, states and even nations too. How they are supposed to come to these cities and give their examination in recent months.
5. Are you sure that PG owners, Room owners, Hostel owners are going to allow students coming from different cities in their place and give them full facilities, sanitize their rooms, mess owners giving food, etc? Have you thought about it? Where the students are going to live, how they are going to manage?
6. The main objective of education is learning. Not proving worth by giving examination.
7. Even when this pandemic did not exists, our so called universities management were unable to take examination properly, sometime late in time table, late in result, quality of checking of answer sheets, etc. They never managed to take examination properly before, so how can we believe that they will take examination properly in this type of situation by taking all the precautionary measures?
8. Those who are saying that cancellation of examination will affect the future of students should understand that this is a suicide mission for us. For making good future of student, first the students have to be healthy and alive.
9. This decision will not only put students health in danger, but also put the health of their families, friends and community in danger too.
10. Vice chancellors who are opposing CM’s decision and saying that it will affect the future of students and their career first have to tell that how many of students who has been graduated from their respective universities got good job, got success in life, and can say that this education system changed their life in a good manner. Your education system is unable to provide us job and you are talking about our career, seriously?
11. Most of the final year students who got placed are waiting for their joining. Companies are also waiting for examination to end to give them joining. If examination is going to take place in August or September, then what will company do till that and specially students? We can’t join the job, neither can give the examination. So this will be purely waste of our time. If exams get cancelled, then at least we can join the company and start working from home.
12. We are not afraid of giving examination, from nursery to till now; we have given examination and proved our worth.
13. This is an unpredictable time, so it required unprecedented decision, which CM has taken. So please do not oppose the decision.
14. Still If Governor and Vice chancellor of universities are going to take examinations, then they have to accept our following demands
A. Each and every student should get Insurance cover worth at least 1 crore form university management.
B. If anything happen to any student due to mismanagement of university, then Vice chancellor of university has to be held responsible for it.
C. If any Covid-19 infection spread due to this examination and anyone die because of it, then vice chancellor of university should be legally prosecuted.
D. We are risking our life, so we should get job guarantee from the governor himself.
E. Universities and Government should arrange facilities for students who are outsiders. They should arrange travelling facility, Sanitized Place to stay having other facilities like light, fan, Good Food, etc.
If you are not able to accept the terms, then it is all of our sincere requests to do not oppose the decision by Chief Minister of Maharashtra to cancel the examination of final year students too. The health of all students is more important than their academics.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!