Please Let Massachusetts Golf
This petition made change with 42,311 supporters!
While the intention of the COVID-19 "Stay at Home" order makes sense, various outdoor options remain ok for MA residents to get outside, but golf courses will be closed.
Golf by nature of the game, and with limited modifications, can comply completely with the intent of the "Stay at Home" designation. In these difficult times, people need to get out, get some exercise, while still following the rules in place.
Many states with Shelter in Place or Stay at Home orders and advisories are allowing golf, with modifications and restrictions.
As a solution, what we ask is the following:
- Allow golf courses to stay open.
- Club houses will NOT remain open.
- Flag sticks will NOT be used.
- Holes will be placed two inches above the ground or inverted so no one touches the hole.
- No golf carts will be allowed.Walking is to be encouraged.
- Tee time intervals should be no less than twelve (12) minutes between groups.
- Clubs should encourage online payments to limit interaction between course staff and customers and avoid congregation in and around the clubhouse.
- Players are prohibited from congregating on the putting green or driving range before or prior to their round.
- When rounds are completed, customers must go directly to their vehicles.
- Strict adherence to all CDC guidelines relating to responsible social distancing.
With no rakes, ball washers, or carts and no touching of the flagsticks, we would eliminate most of the possible ways the virus could be passed on the golf course.
Please consider allowing courses to remain open and look at what other states are doing that remain open with these precautions in mind.
We are all intent on following the rules and keeping our friends and families safe during this time.
(NO $ is required or being asked to donate to this petition - if you donate $, via change.org, its for the causes they express on their website and goes directly to them. No $ goes to this cause as it is simply a petition for Mass golfers to express their interest in opening safely.)
Today: Joe is counting on you
Joe Marin needs your help with “Governor Charlie Baker: Please Let Massachusetts Golf”. Join Joe and 42,310 supporters today.