STOP RAPE in BANGLADESH!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Bangladesh emerged as a safe haven of rapists in an epidemic proportion. Number of rape-case exploded like wildfire. Not a day passes when someone is not raped, gang-raped or murdered after rape or gang-rape. The victims include babies and aged women and the rapists are from all levels of the society including teachers of Madrasas and educational institutions. The whole nation exploded with rage against this horror but hardly any rapist is known to have been punished. Often the victim is from poor family that submits to the threat of powerful and/or politically connected rapists to keep silent or withdraw the case.
This is a shame for the nation, law enforcement agencies and the government. Please sign this petition; here are few steps to be taken immediately that can effectively address the issue.
1. The government should enact a law that the only punishment of a rapist is death by hanging.
2. The law should be implemented immediately. Once few rapists are hanged, rape case is expected to drop dramatically.
3. The government should arrange a 3 day seminar bringing families and victims of rape and listen to their story. This should be aired and spread live in the media. All reports are to be saved for future generations to study and research on this issue.
4. The government should arrange a 3 day seminar bringing all investigation police officers and listen to their successes, failures and challenges. This should be aired and spread live in the media. All reports are to be saved for future generations to study and research on this issue.
5. The political parties must deal with proven rapists with iron hand, not to give them shelter.
6. The government should create a non-political committee comprising all political parties, Human Right activists, educationists and members of civil society. This committee will research the situation and propose a mechanism to the government to stop rape cases.
Today: MFT - Muslims Facing Tomorrow is counting on you
MFT - Muslims Facing Tomorrow needs your help with “Government of Bangladesh: STOP RAPE in BANGLADESH!”. Join MFT - Muslims Facing Tomorrow and 34 supporters today.