'Green Games' - 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We the undersigned propose that the 2018 Commonwealth Games aspire to the ‘Green Games’ image and significantly reduce the use of plastics. Plastic pollution is one of the greatest threats to our marine environment and to the lifestyles and industries of so many Australians that depend upon it – and yet the solutions are very simple and achievable for everyone, every day. An enduring memory of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games 2018 should be our dedication to the care and protection of our coastal and marine environments – so central to who we are as Gold Coasters and Australians. The Gold Coast is an obvious place to set the standard in plastic reduction use for all subsequent Commonwealth Games and indeed, other local and global events. To help realise our ‘Green Games’ image, in the realm of plastic use we request and recommend the following:
- All Games Management, Administration, Officials and Volunteers be provided with reusable non-plastic or sustainable water bottles;
- Volunteers promote these water bottles to visitors as healthy and environmentally sound alternative to plastic on the Gold Coast;
- Games venues provide ample refilling or ‘mobile hydration’ stations for water bottles;
- Active promotion of this event as ‘Plastic Water Bottle Free’ and ‘Plastic Bag Free’;
- All Commonwealth Games vendors encouraged to reduce their plastic use; and
- A ‘Balloon Free’ event.
Please contact either Mr Aaron Chapman on 0406 500 776 or Ms Stacey Power on 0433405880 if you would like to discuss this petition, possibilities for plastic reduction and/or have any further questions.
Today: Aaron is counting on you
Aaron Chapman needs your help with “Gold Coast Councillors,: 'Green Games' - 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.”. Join Aaron and 616 supporters today.