Global Kashmiri Pandits Diaspora Appeal to PM Modi
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
Respected Shri Modi ji,
First, we would like to express our deep appreciation for the strong and capable leadership that you have provided to India. To reiterate our faith that you will set right all wrongs, we solicit a meeting with you on certain issues that continue to plague our community. There has been neglect, apathy and lack of resolution of the problems of the Displaced Kashmiri Pandits. The threat to the sustainability of the community is exacerbating and needs to be addressed quickly and decisively at the leadership level. In short, it needs your intervention.
Kashmiri Pandits must be recognized as a bonafide, stand-alone party in the Kashmir conflict based on our indigenous heritage and the Genocide perpetrated on us. We desire to reclaim our way of life, which was violently snatched away from us in January 1990.The community first articulated this just demand in the historic (1991) Margdarshan Resolution but it has been thwarted and remains an unfulfilled aspiration. Government of India is requested to formally engage with the community representatives so that confidence building steps can be initiated which lead to:
1. Recognition of the exodus and ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Pandits as Genocide.
2. Making available to the Displaced Kashmiri Pandits all benefits, relief and socio economic, civil and political rights as laid down in the international covenants of internally displaced persons uprooted from their Homeland due to religious and sectarian violence. Upgradation of the proposed State Temple and Shrine bill based on community guidance would be a good step in this direction.
3. According recognition to the displaced Kashmiri Pandit community as a legitimate stakeholder in the final solution to the current imbroglio.
We seek an institutional, inter-ministerial mechanism to coordinate with the Kashmiri Pandit representatives for the effective implementation of the above-mentioned demands and to deal with any other exigencies or contingent situations. Please consider setting up of:
1. Constitutional arrangements for the return and rehabilitation of all seven hundred thousand Displaced Kashmiri Pandits in a separate, single, concentrated Homeland carved out in the Valley of Kashmir.
2. The Constitution of India along with all associated laws and provisions be allowed to flow freely in the newly created geo-political territory without the shackles of Article 370 or Article 35A.
3. A high-power Tribunal with constitutional authority to establish which causal factors were responsible for the Genocide of Kashmiri Pandits and bring the perpetrators to justice.
4. An immediate appropriate authority, vested with powers flowing directly from the Centre, to urgently implement suitable measures for protecting the millennia-old social, cultural and religious legacy of Kashmiri Pandits, which otherwise is fast facing obliteration at the hands of a radicalised mindset.
Over 1,500 of our community members have fallen to the wave of violent zealotry which has swept through Kashmir. Notwithstanding all the horrors that the community has suffered we have now arisen. Our resolve and determination to seek full Justice will only get stronger. This Memorandum is undergoing public review by KP members & associations and community ratification. A substantial majority of the community, have completed this process and others are joining in. In giving us Justice, India will strengthen its hands in Kashmir. GOI will not find a better partner than the Kashmiri Pandit community, in its effort to lead Kashmir out of the darkness that it has been plunged into.
We shall await your response. This Memorandum will be formally released globally on September 14, which is the day that Kashmiri Pandits honour as Martyr's Day.
Name of Organizational Heads & Organization
- Colonel Tej K. Tickoo (Retd.) - All India Kashmiri Samaj - President
- Advocate Ravinder Raina --- All State Kashmiri Pandit Conference (Askpc) - President Sanatan Dharam Yuvak Sabha, Sheetal Nath
- Mr. Hira Fotedar - Indo-American Kashmir Forum USA - Liaison & Past President
- Dr. Ashok Koul - Indo-Canadian Kashmir Forum Canada - President
- Mrs. Krishna Bhan - Indo-European Kashmiri Forum UK - President & Director of Education Hindu Council
- Mr. Sanjay Ganjoo - Jammu Kashmir Vichar Manch - President
- Mr. Utpal Aima - Kashmiri Overseas Association Canada - President
- Dr. Sanjay Dhar - Kashmiri Pandits Association Mumbai - President
- Sh. Moti Lal Malla - Kashmiri Pandit Coordination Committee Ghaziabad U.P. - President
- Mr. R. K. Mattoo - Kashmiri Hindu Cultural Welfare Trust Bangalore - Chairman
- Mr. Rajesh Kaul - Kashmiri Pandit Overseas Association EU - President
- Sh. Ravinder Kumar Saproo - Kashmiri Pandit Welfare Association Pratap Vihar U.P. - President
- Mr. Veer Wangoo - Kashmiri Pandits Association Europe
- Mr. Ash Raina - Kashmiri Pandits Australia - President
- Ms. Indu Koul - Kashmiri Pandits Cultural Association, Melbourne Australia - President
- Dr. Shafalica Bhan Kotwal - Kashmiri Pandits Cultural Society UK -Founding Executive
- Mr. Veer Khar - Kashmiri Pandits New Zealand Representative
- Dr Surinder Handoo - Kashmiri Sevak Samaj Faridabad - President
- Mr. B.N.Kabu, I.G BSF (retd.) - Kashmiri Visthapit Hindu Sabha, Jaipur - President
- Mr. D. K. Ganjoo - Kashmiri Welfare Society Vaishali - President
- Dr. Raj Kachroo - Kashyap Kashmiri Sabha Gurugram - President
- Mr. Maharaj Krishan Machama - Koshur Milchar Welfare Assoc. Indirapuram Ghaziabad, U.P - President
- Sh. Gopi Krishen Kaul - Koshur Samaj Vasundra Ghaziabad U.P. -President
- Utpal Kaul - Panun Kashmir - Founding Member
- Mr. Munish Jalali - Roots in Kashmir - Co-ordinator
- Mr. Ravinder Pandita - Save Sharda Committee Kashmir regd.
- Mr. Deepak Koul - GKPD Germany
- Professor Renuka Dhar - GKPD India
- Mr. Suneel Kaul - GKPD New Zealand
- Mr. Sunil Bali - GKPD Singapore
- Dr. Chandan Kotwal - GKPD UK
- Mr. Sanjay Raina - GKPD United Arab Emirates
- Mr. Rabinder Koul - GKPD USA
- Dr. Surinder Kaul - GKPD Core Committee
- Mr. Rakesh Kaul - GKPD Core Committee
GLOBAL KASHMIRI PANDIT DIASPORA
(A Joint Initiative of All Displaced Kashmiri Pandit Organizations)
Today: Global Kashmiri Pandits Diaspora (GKPD) is counting on you
Global Kashmiri Pandits Diaspora (GKPD) needs your help with “Global Kashmiri Pandits Diaspora: Global Kashmiri Pandits Diaspora Appeal to PM Modi”. Join Global Kashmiri Pandits Diaspora (GKPD) and 14,404 supporters today.