Improve the Haleigh's Hope Act (HB1) in Georgia
This petition had 12,939 supporters
My five-year-old son, Jagger, has a rare mitochondrial disease that causes him to suffer from from seizures. We’ve tried everything to help him but nothing worked until we found cannabis oil, a non-smokable form of medical marijuana. It’s saved his life. But we had to move from Georgia to Colorado to be able to safely access Jagger’s medicine.
We were able to move back last year when Gov. Nathan Deal signed the Haleigh’s Hope Act into law which was great first step for Georgia medical marijuana patients. But the bill doesn’t go far enough to provide safe access to medical marijuana and protect patients like my son.
The families of sick patients all across Georgia, respectfully petition that the Georgia legislative assembly make the following additions to Haleigh’s Hope act during the 2016 legislative session:
- Allow in-state cultivation and distribution.
- Add more qualifying conditions that have been identified through research to benefit from medical cannabis like Fibromyalgia, PTSD, Autism, Diabetes – diabetic neuropathy, Tourette’s syndrome, and Terminal Illnesses.
- Require rigorous lab testing of all products manufactured in Georgia so patients have access to safe products.
- Allow additional delivery methods other than oil.
- Add a process that authorizes patients to petition the Department of Public Health in order to add qualifying conditions.
Please sign this petition so that we can let our legislators know that Georgia citizens desperately need a safe, tested, regulated medical cannabis product produced right here in Georgia, so that ALL of those with debilitating conditions can have a better quality of life.
Today: The families of sick patients in Georgia is counting on you
The families of sick patients in Georgia needs your help with “Georgia Governor: Improve the Haleigh's Hope Act (HB1) in Georgia”. Join The families of sick patients in Georgia and 12,938 supporters today.