Free Julian Assange, before it's too late.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 35,000!
Julian Assange is an Australian Citizen who has been "arbitrarily" detained for over 8 years and more recently and to this day has endured over 286 days of torture in the form of continuous solitary confinement. Deprived of sunlight, contact with the outside world and proper healthcare. The United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner on Feb. 5, 2016 determined that Julian Assange's "Arbitrary Detention" should be brought to an end and that Mr. Assange should be afforded the right to compensation". Source: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=17012&LangID=E
Julian Assange has not been charged with any crime. Julian Assange is a journalist who has never incorrectly published any news. Julian Assange is an awarded and respected international journalist.
We respectfully request the Prime Minister and or the Foreign Minister of the Australian Government intervene in this UN declared case of arbitrary detention of an Australian Citizen and ensure Julian Assange's freedom of safe passage out of the Ecuadorian Embassy and safe return to his home Australia or any other location that Julian Assange requests to travel to. We further respectfully request that the Australian Government where influence can be made with friendly nations, that the Australian Government ensure that no extradition order is effected on Julian Assange from any third party nation that may otherwise impinge on his ongoing freedom of passage and existence.
Some points and facts to consider.
BERLIN (Jan. 17, 2019) Abuse of Julian Assange’s Human Rights raised in the German Bundestag (the German Federal Parliament) https://twitter.com/suigenerisjen/status/1085726216433225728
NEW YORK (Dec. 31, 2018) Trump’s Lawyer, Rudy Giuliani in reference to Julian Assange said;
“It’s a First Amendment issue….Once it gets to the media publication they can publish it, they can publish it for the basis of informing people. You can’t put Assange in a different position, now he was a guy that communicated. We may not like what he communicates but he was a media facility, he was putting that information out, every news station grabbed it and published it….No press person or person disseminating for the purposes of informing did anything wrong.” Source; https://www.facebook.com/foxandfriends/videos/806787466324593/ Watch from 8 min. mark of video.
GENEVA (21 December 2018) “UN Office of High Commissioner experts urge UK to honour rights obligations and let Mr. Julian Assange leave Ecuador embassy in London freely”. https://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=24042&LangID=E
CIA (Nov. 2018) accidental leak confirmed Julian Assange’s unaltered reasoning for seeking asylum: US Gov. secretly conspiring (~ 2010) to extradite Julian for publishing facts as a Journalist.
1) Julian is a multi-award winning journalist that has published documented proof of high level crimes & corruption.
2) Julian is an Australian Citizen and Journalist. He has been honoured by his country's highest award for journalism: The Walkley Award & the rare Gold Peace Medal by the Sydney Peace Foundation.
3) He has now been arbitrarily detained WITHOUT charge by the UK Govt. for 8 years.
4) In 2012 Ecuador granted Julian political asylum protection from US threats against his life & liberty. US politicians had publicly called for his assassination.
5) After a 16 month investigation, to which lawyers representing Julian, the UK & Sweden, gave written submissions to a UN expert panel of lawyers where it was determined by the United Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner on Feb 5 2016, that Julian Assange's “Arbitrary Detention should be brought to an end and that Mr. Assange should be afforded the right to compensation”.
6) The UK has prevented Julian taking up his asylum by detaining him in the Ecuador Embassy for the past 6.5 years. The UK states they will arrest him if he leaves the Embassy & refuse to guarantee he will not be extradited to the US.
7) The Wikileaks USA Grand Jury has been sitting since 2010. As Julian is protected under the US #1st Amendment, the US is seeking to prosecute him under the 1917 Espionage Act. He could face 45yrs in prison, or the death penalty, for publishing news as a Journalist.
8) For the past 6.5 years Julian has been detained in the Ecuadorian Embassy and the UK has denied his request for access to fresh air, exercise, sun/vitamin D or proper medical or dental care.
9) Examining doctor’s report Julian’s health has seriously deteriorated due to this abuse of his health rights and that Embassy detention conditions are life threatening.
10) The new President of Ecuador, Lenin Moreno, (since Jan 2018), appears to have been influenced by US pressure & is now actively assisting to deliver Julian into US hands.
11) In March 2018, President Moreno placed Julian in solitary confinement within the Ecuadorean Embassy. He was allowed no access to a phone, internet or visitors other than his lawyers, for most of 2018.
12) The former President of Ecuador, Rafael Correa, stated that after a visit by US Vice President Mike Pence, an agreement had been made to hand Julian over to the US in exchange for loans. He further stated that as the political cost of expelling Julian from the embassy was too high, the plan was to break him mentally so he would leave.
Moreno then issued a new protocol of rules at the Embassy designed to break Julian.
13) The Wikileaks Grand Jury indictment is not to be unsealed and executed till the subject is first in custody. “In custody” is assumed to be when the UK Breach of Bail matter will be presented.
14) There has been no fair & proper legal process to date for Julian Assange, who is the victim of a political persecution.
15) Top secret documents leaked by Edward Snowden indicate that Julian had been placed on a US manhunting time line in 2010. Further revealing, that on Aug 10 2010, the US National Security Agency secretly asked its war allies to charge Assange with something.
16) On Aug 20 2010, Swedish police made totally unfounded public rape allegations. These were used to detain Julian without charge for 6 years in the UK before being dropped. There is much evidence of police, prosecutorial & judicial perversion of justice.
17) The Wikileaks Grand Jury is conducted in secret, has 4 prosecutors, no defence and no judge.
18) The UK/US Bilateral Treaty does not require a prima facie case to extradite a citizen to the US.
19) Under the US National Defence Authorization Act, a person can be held indefinitely without trial.
Julian Assange must be Freed.
Today: Phillip is counting on you
Phillip Adams needs your help with “Free Julian Assange, before it's too late.”. Join Phillip and 32,339 supporters today.