Fred Karger, the first openly gay candidate for President, meets all of the requirements to participate (1) in this weeks Fox News Corporation and The Republican Party of Iowa-sponsored Presidential debate. But, Fox News has now changed its criteria for inclusion after Fred met them. Federal Election Law that says that news organizations that sponsor Presidential debates must select candidates for debates based upon “pre-established, objective criteria" (3).
The criteria states (4):
Candidates must satisfy the following by 4 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, August 9, 2011
1. Registered with the Federal Elections Commission as a presidential exploratory committee or presidential campaign.
2. Meet all U.S. Constitutional requirements.
3. Garnered at least an average of one percent in five national polls based on most recent polling leading up to the registration day.
Fred Karger is a registered candidate for President with the Federal Elections Commission. Fred meets all US Constitutional Requirements. Fred now meet's the objective criteria of averaging at least 1% in five national polls:
2% in Harris Interactive Poll August 4th
1% in Zogby Poll July 25th
1% in Zogby Poll May 23rd
1% Fox News Poll April 28th
Less than 1% in McClatchy-Marist Poll June 29th
The Average of these Five Polls is MORE than 1%!
Let Fred In! (www.LetFredIn.com)
1) "Karger-mentum: Long Shot Fred Karger Scores 2% in Poll, Possible Debate Appearance" Huffington Post. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/karger-mentum-long-shot-f_n_919585.html
2) "Gay Republican Presidential Candidate: I qualify for Ames Debate; Fox News says No," Des Moines Register. http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/08/05/gay-republican-presidential-candidate-i-qualify-for-ames-debate-fox-news-says-no/
3) "CONTRIBUTION AND EXPENDITURE LIMITATIONS AND PROHIBITIONS - Candidate Debates" Federal Election Law. http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2010/janqtr/11cfr110.13.htm
4) "Rules Outlines for Republican Debate on Aug. 11" Des Moines Register. http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20110723/NEWS09/110723014/Rules-outlined-Iowa-Republican-debate-Aug-11