Petition Closed
Petitioning Representative Bill Shuster and 1 other

Five adults die needlessly in a rented camper from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Five people died in a rented camper from carbon monoxide poisoning on Sept. 18, 2011 in Clarksville, Tn., during a motorcycle rally for children’s charities. The rented camper was not equipped with a working carbon monoxide detector. Eleven children lost a parent, two of which were orphaned. Tennessee passed the BWC 5 ACT (Bikers Who Care), Senate Bill # 2357 & House Bill # 2734 in the spring of 2012. This was the first piece of legislation of its kind in the nation. People die every year throughout the United States from carbon monoxide poisoning under similar circumstances. No one else needs to die needlessly.  We are asking you to sign this petition to have a federal regulation in place to address this issue.


This petition was delivered to:
  • Representative
    Bill Shuster
  • Senator
    John Rockefeller

    christine watson started this petition with a single signature, and now has 754 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

    Today: christine is counting on you

    christine watson needs your help with “Five adults die needlessly in a rented camper from carbon monoxide poisoning.”. Join christine and 753 supporters today.