Support affordable housing
This petition had 164 supporters
We support affordable housing for Fairfax. We ask the town council to retain the zoning ordinance 778 that allows affordable housing on select properties in Fairfax.
Please add your personal story about why you want to see more affordable housing in Fairfax and/or why you regret signing the referendum that would repeal the zoning ordinance.
We have a full white paper on what's going on. Check it out. In summary:
- The Housing Element was created locally, with public input and achieved through unanimous approval.
- The Housing Element conforms to the character of Fairfax
- The Housing Element integrates new development into the downtown area, near transit, shops and services
- The Housing Element includes a popular Senior Housing proposal that is in jeopardy of losing funding if the zoning is rescinded
- There is nothing “massive” being proposed in this Element – the only other housing development aside from the senior housing being proposed is a modest 21 small housing proposal near the library
- All other housing opportunities integrate with commercial buildings in the downtown and would be subject to the strict restrictions already incorporated into the town's housing codes.
- The Housing Element also identifies opportunities to make better use of existing resources through Second Units, home sharing and tenant matching, allowances for manufactured housing, co-housing and other non-traditional forms.
- Rescinding the Ordinance is not necessary to fix the issues with the zoning tables.
- Rescinding the Ordinance puts the town at risk by being out of compliance with its Housing Element and the General Plan.
Today: Coalition for a Livable Marin is counting on you
Coalition for a Livable Marin needs your help with “Fairfax Town Council: Support affordable housing”. Join Coalition for a Livable Marin and 163 supporters today.