Speak Out For Health and PE Funding in Alabama!
This petition made change with 120 supporters!
KEEP HEALTH AND PE FUNDED!
The Alabama ESSA Committee does not currently have anyone representing health and physical education on their committee despite the fact that health and physical education are part of the new well-rounded education. Please sign in support of having our profession represented on this committee!
Now that health and physical education have been prioritized in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) as part of a student’s well-rounded education and are allowable uses of federal education funding, it’s VITAL that health and physical education be represented as Alabama begins developing plans and priorities for the next school year.
School health and physical education are now identified as part of a student's well-rounded education. Subjects that are part of a well-rounded education are eligible for federal education funding. School district will be able to access funding for health and physical education from Title I (low-income schools), Title II (professional development), and Title IV through their state department of education. This funding offers states and school districts the opportunity to improve school health and physical education programs.
How can you help?
- Sign this petition to get a health and PE representative on the Alabama ESSA Committee!
- Attend one or more of the ESSA community engagement tours and ASK QUESTIONS about health and physical education. Find tour information HERE.
- Submit a public comment to the Alabama ESSA Committee about health and physical education. Comments are accepted through October 30, 2016.
- Submit a personal impact statement letter about health and physical education to the Alabama ESSA Committee.
- Educate yourself about ESSA in Alabama and Health and Physical Education in Alabama.
Today: ASAHPERD is counting on you
ASAHPERD needs your help with “Every Student Succeeds Act Implementation Committee: Speak Out For Health and PE Funding in Alabama”. Join ASAHPERD and 119 supporters today.