In the UK:
- 200 parents are being imprisoned a year in secret family courts, as stated by Harriet Harman MP in Parliament in 2006;
- 1,000 parents lose their children every month, as published by Channel IV in their film about 'forced adoptions': 15,000 Kids and counting;
- the BBC published: Adoption: Thousands of children forcibly taken into care.
Reasons for Hope from Brussels and Strasbourg:
- MEPs came for a fact-finding visit and got confirmation of what over 20 petitioners had presented in Brussels.
- This report on Social Services in Europe by Russian Parliamentarian Olga Borzova calls what is happening in the UK 'abusive'.
- The UK can't be member of a club and not play by its rules, i.e. the Convention of Human Rights and complying with EU Directives.
Here's more about the background of the Petition.
Petitions Committee EU Parliament
Minister of State for European Issues The Rt Hon David Lidington MP
Minister for the Cabinet Office The Rt Hon Sir Francis Maude MP