We have submitted "Abolition of Adoptions without Parental Consent” to the Petitions Committee of the European Parliament. It was discussed in the Committee meeting on 19th March 2014 and can be viewed on http://www.europarl.europa.eu/ep-live/en/committees/video?event=20140319-0900-COMMITTEE-PETI My six-minute presentation is on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkudWCm_rGU.
We achieved our first milestone: an investigation has been promised! But that can't happen until after the elections in May. Now a new Committee has been elected, and the European COMMISSION has sent a letter to the Committee, claiming it can't follow up.
The more signatures we keep getting, the more obvious the need for the investigation http://bit.ly/14llA10
In addition to this one, there are currently the following petitions for signing:
-- The Secrecy of the Family Courts should be lifted now: http://bit.ly/kExfF1
-- Stop Forced Adoptions in the UK: http://bit.ly/1tXhmO4
-- Petition to President Judge Munby to stop forced adoptions: http://chn.ge/10GODkJ
-- Stop Secret Family Courts encouraging Forced Adoptions: http://bit.ly/18Ur0qy
And according to this Daily Mail article, http://dailym.ai/17gprCM 1,000 children a month are taken into 'care'.
Channel IV publishes: a child is taken every 20 minutes: http://bit.ly/1sYSBxq ;
An LBC report says: 7,000 child sex abuse cases in the UK: http://bit.ly/1z5zN3i
This is based on what’s unique in the UK: http://bit.ly/MbzhX3
1. The UK is the ONLY State in the WORLD that gags parents whose children have been taken by Social Services. See The Independent’s ‘Untold Story of Gagging’ Orders on http://ind.pn/kPhKRn
2. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe to regularly encourage forced adoption: www.forced-adoption.com
3. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe to regularly encourage Punishment without Crime on www.punishmentwithoutcrime.wordpress.com, i.e. the taking of children by Social Services from parents who have not committed any criminal offence.
4. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe taking children for emotional abuse and 'risk of emotional abuse' - on the basis of predictions from overpaid 'experts' that one day parents just might harm their children.
5. The UK is the ONLY State in Europe to censor conversation between parents and children in care. Children are left wondering what they have done wrong, as parents are forbidden to explain the situation, or discuss the court case in any way. Phrases such as "I love you and I miss you" are also forbidden under the threat of contact being stopped immediately, if the parents 'transgress'.
More on ‘Punishment without Crime’: http://bit.ly/1373zV4
National Inquiry into Organised, Orchestrated and Historic Child Sexual Abuse: http://nationalinquiry.wordpress.com
‘Child Snatching’: http://bit.ly/14SwfFx
The Pedro Family: http://pedrofamily.wordpress.com
Phil Thompson and Family: http://philthompsonfamily.wordpress.com
Melissa Laird: http://melissalaird.wordpress.com
Laila Brice: http://lailabrice.wordprss.com
The Musa Family: http://gloriamusa.wordpress.com
Please note that I have signed the petition, glad that it was heard on 19th March 2014 and will be heard again on 11th November 2014.
Until the petition becomes the promised investigation with children being returned from care and forced adoptions, every day is another day of misery for children and parents!
Looking very much forward to the Committee's actions,