Episode Interactive: Need transparency and accountability
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
An open letter and petition to Episode interactive contest creators and evaluators:
Note: Please understand that this letter doesn’t come from hatred or dislike for any authors featured in the H&V shelf. But comes from the disappointment that episode has offered to its writers like me who have no identity as a writer than our own small sphere in the episode world.
Before we start, we (small writers) would like to know few things.
1. On what basis are the winners selected? In the contest post of the forum, we see and we quote, “Winners are determined based on highest levels of reader engagement, rubric score and fit to contest theme.” - While we know on what basis rubric score is used, why aren't we made known how much we score?
2. Where is the transparency in your winner selection? While we understand that the perspective of each reader is different, why aren’t we told or given an explanation of what marks we scored and why we scored that?
3. While in your portal you have mentioned that and we quote, “Don’t feel like you need to be constrained by ideas about good and evil - feel free to explore the idea from any angle or side that inspires you.” Why haven’t any stories which have taken inspiration from this line have gotten selected?
4. When you let us know how many reads we get, why aren’t we made aware of our reader engagement?
In a gist what are we trying to tell?
Please note that this isn't against or about any author who got to feature on the shelf. This is about many small authors, struggling and spending their time even though they aren’t paid for it. The least that can be given to them is recognition. When only big writers succeed it puts the platform away from equity. Episode has always promoted equality and we expect this from them.
Why do we ask for equity?
Because retention score works that way. Let's say a big author have 10000 readers. Now let's say, 10 readers, decide not to read next chapters, the effect wouldn't be that high but when the same happens to a small author who has only 100 reads would be affected in a very bad way.
What can be done?
1. Transparent grading system with reasons why a story have not won the contest.
2. Transparency in the reason why the certain story has gotten to feature in ANY shelf.
3. Equity and Equality. Equals should be treated equals. Small authors like us can't contest with episode moguls.
What can come from this? - Peace, harmony, satisfaction and rise of amazing talents.
Today: Yazhin is counting on you
Yazhin episode needs your help with “Episode interactive creators: Episode Interactive: Need transparency and accountability”. Join Yazhin and 151 supporters today.