It has been proven by several adopters and previous volunteers that Waggs and Wishes Animal "Rescue" (Michigan) is incapable of operating as a true animal rescue organization. Based on their past history that shows an inability to properly care for animals, including (but not limited to): vaccinating, spaying/neutering, housing, identifying health issues, and properly treating animals for health conditions, Waggs and Wishes has shown it is not able to successfully carry out rescue activities in a fiscally responsible manner, causing many individuals, businesses and other animal organizations to incur THOUSANDS of dollars in unanticipated costs.
Documentation that includes photos and narratives can be found at this website:
For the good of animals, we are DEMANDING that Waggs and Wishes CEASE any and all rescue operations by May 1, 2012, adhering to the following conditions:
1. Relinquish all current fosters to other rescues, No-Kill shelters, or foster homes to allow them to be adopted and re-homed.
2. Reimburse any organizations, businesses, or individuals who incurred expenses that Waggs and Wishes was obligated to pay for as the organization ultimately responsible for the care these animals. Payment plans should be created to pay for any treatment of health issues, boarding, or other expenses for necessary care of Waggs and Wishes foster animals undertaken by others.
3. Seek paid employment to help pay off the above mentioned debts and/or "work off" said debts with businesses or organizations that agree to a per hour wage to offset costs (i.e. boarding facilities).
4. Promote any former Waggs and Wishes foster dogs that were abandoned and relinquished at the three boarding facilities, either through posting on social media websites (Facebook) or other means including posters, word of mouth, or contacting veterinary offices, rescues, or individuals.
5. Once all current fosters have been re-homed, dissolve, delete, or otherwise end any websites or social network sites related to the promotion of Waggs and Wishes, including (but not limited to): Petfinder, Adopt A Pet, and Facebook Groups or Pages.