Conduct a Community Impact Study prior to implementing proposed Minimum Wage Ordinance
This petition had 113 supporters
To fully understand the impact that this unprecedented hike will have on small businesses, residents and employees, we are asking council to do their due diligence in studying and understanding the impacts including:
- Impacts on costs for goods & services on residents including fixed-income seniors & the low-wage earners themselves.
- Impacts on youth employment, unskilled workers, the unemployed and non-profit organizations
- Impacts on the levels of employment and viability of businesses themselves.
For these reasons, we, the undersigned, hereby urge the City Council of Emeryville to:
- Commission a thorough non-partisan study that addresses the full impact of its proposed minimum wage ordinance on the community and the local economy.
- Embrace community involvement and transparency by scheduling opportunity for public comment on the results of this study prior to any final vote.
- Act with due consideration by providing at least six months for affected parties to plan and implement any required changes.
Today: Emery is counting on you
Emery Smallbiz needs your help with “Emeryville City Council: Conduct a Community Impact Study prior to implementing proposed Minimum Wage Ordinance”. Join Emery and 112 supporters today.