EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY - Suspend the CEO and 'Cat Transport Incident' Staff Without Pay
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
WE THE UNDERSIGNED BELIEVE:
- the EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY has been acting in ‘BAD FAITH’
- and is therefore in VIOLATION OF SECTION 14(1) of the ANIMAL PROTECTION ACT, in the PROVINCE OF ALBERTA
For a period of approximately 5 years, the EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY has KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY HARBORED SPECIFIC STAFF who have:
- On more than one occasion - through negligence - caused cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and fish TO BE IN DISTRESS
- On more than one occasion - through negligence - CAUSED THE DEATH of cats, kittens, dogs, puppies and fish
- In 2017 - through negligence - CAUSED UNTHINKABLE SUFFERING AND THE INHUMANE DEATH OF A CAT LEFT IN AN UNMONITORED TRAP OUTSIDE OF THE EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY BUILDING, for such an EXTENSIVE period of time that ONLY THE SKELETAL REMAINS WERE FOUND IMPRISONED IN THE TRAP
- In March-April 2018 - through negligence - CAUSED UNDUE DISTRESS AND POSSIBLE DEATHS OF THREE CATS - AS A RESULT OF 22 DAYS TRAPPED IN INDIVIDUAL CARRIERS, WITH NO FOOD OR WATER, IN AN UNVENTILATED TRANSFER VEHICLE, DURING THE LONGEST PERIOD BELOW ZERO IN EDMONTON'S HISTORY - DURING THE 'CAT TRANSPORT INCIDENT'
BY IGNORING ESCALATING CASES OF INTERNAL ANIMAL NEGLECT CAUSED BY SPECIFIC STAFF - over a period of approximately 5 years - THE EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY IS NOT ABLE TO CLAIM THE ‘CAT TRANSPORT INCIDENT’ WAS AN ISOLATED EVENT.
HAD THE EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY DISMISSED RELATED STAFF after the skeletal remains of the deceased cat were discovered in the unmonitored cat trap OUTSIDE OF THE EHS BUILDING in 2017, THE SAME STAFF WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PRESENT IN MARCH-APRIL 2018, and the THE ‘CAT TRANSPORT INCIDENT’ WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED.
Therefore, management at the EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY is liable for THE ‘CAT TRANSPORT INCIDENT’ OF 2018, AND NOT PROTECTED BY THE ‘GOOD FAITH’ CLAUSE OF SECTION 14(1) OF THE ANIMAL PROTECTION ACT, in the Province of Alberta.
WE THE UNDERSIGNED REQUEST BOTH THE CEO AND THE STAFF RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ‘CAT TRANSPORT INCIDENT’ BE PLACED ON UNPAID LEAVE, PENDING AN EXTERNAL THIRD PARTY POLICE INVESTIGATION, by the Province of Alberta.
The incident was leaked to the media ... https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-humane-society-forgotten-cats-investigation-1.4729311
Following the leak, the Edmonton Humane Society posted a statement ... https://www.facebook.com/EdmontonHumaneSociety/photos/a.121739034504713.21088.121736011171682/2208804445798151/?type=3&theater
Today: Michelle is counting on you
Michelle Elfstedt needs your help with “EDMONTON HUMANE SOCIETY - Suspend the CEO and 'Cat Transport Incident' Staff without pay”. Join Michelle and 4,076 supporters today.