Bring Back the DPCDSB's Backpacks
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
The Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board has gotten high schools to implement a new rule which states that students are not allowed to bring backpacks with them to class. Backpacks allow students to transport all of the belongings and resources that they require during the school day from class to class without hassle. Implementing this new rule in my high school has caused problems such as the following:
- Students are dropping books and bumping into other students which causes a hazard.
- Students with lockers that are not near their classes are constantly late to class.
- Students in higher grade levels are unable to carry all of their necessary belongings because they have too much to carry.
- Female students are at a disadvantage due to feminine hygiene because a trip to the washroom now takes twice as long without having personal items on hand.
- Students are forgetting their supplies in their lockers causing them to return to their lockers and thus wasting class time.
As a grade 12 student in the DPCDSB, I believe that every student should have the right to carry a backpack around with them at school in order to have the best learning experience possible. Please help me in supporting this cause.
Bring back our backpacks! Every voice counts; speak up!
Today: Chloe is counting on you
Chloe Cabral needs your help with “Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board: Bring Back the DPCDSB's Backpacks”. Join Chloe and 1,938 supporters today.