Africa Please Block Uganda's Corrupt Kazibwe From AU's Top Job!
This petition made change with 94 supporters!
With the confusing debate about the EU's future, the African Union (AU) has an opportunity to become one of the world's pre-eminent organizations. Will African presidents risk it all?
After Her Excellency Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma's excellent performance as the executive chair of the AU commission, Africa cannot afford to go backwards.
The AU is now well-placed to elevate Africa into equal footing with the major powers to negotiate fair trade deals that allow Africa to benefit from its resources, to process its resources and to industrialize and realize AGENDA-2063 "The Africa We Want."
That is why the choice of the next executive chair is one of Africa's most important decisions since decolonization.
The Heads of State meeting in Kigali, Rwanda from July 10 -17, must REJECT candidate Specioza Naigaga Wandira Kazibwe for the following reasons:
1. Former Vice President of Uganda from 1994 to 2003, she was dropped by Gen. Yoweri Museveni for numerous corruption scandals.
2. In Uganda, the name Wandira Kazibwe is synonymous with grand scale corruption; so much so that she's referred as the midwife of corruption. Please Google 'Kazibwe and Corruption'
3. Africa's media have well-documented Kazibwe's corruption scandals
4. As minister of agriculture, Kazibwe was found to have mismanaged a project to build valley dams in the cattle grazing regions of Uganda. The scandal cost Ugandan taxpayers an estimated 5 Billion shillings ($1.5 M) that she personally misappropriated in the valley dam project.
5. The other major scandal was the mismanagement of 60bn Uganda shillings ($17.5M) from Microfinance Support Centre in a record three months. Kazibwe was the board chairperson; she was subsequently suspended over allegations of abuse of office and mismanagement in the office she assumed in 2008. The money which was meant to benefit Uganda's small farmers never did. The Inspector General of Government ordered her to refund monies. A report found that she awarded herself "allowances" even for just going to the office to check on her mail.
So as the AU is now poised to become one of the world's most effective and respected organizations to represent the aspiration of 1 billion Africans how can the Heads of State in good conscience select such a patently unsuitable person as executive chair?
Please listen to the plea of Africans and make the AU realize the vision that Kwame Nkrumah and other founding fathers had for the organization.
Elect the right candidate by REJECTING Kazibwe.
Today: Moses is counting on you
Moses Atocon needs your help with “Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma as the executive chair of the AU commission: Africa Please Block Uganda's Corrupt Kazibwe From AU's Top Job!”. Join Moses and 93 supporters today.