The Allowance of Hammocks On the Campus of Oral Roberts University
This petition made change with 334 supporters!
The activity of hammocking is not allowed on Oral Roberts university property for an unspecified reason. However, having a designated hammocking area would be safe, relevant, and beneficial to student life at Oral Roberts University for these five reasons:
1. Hammocking is becoming more and more popular among young adults as a past time leisure activity. The rule is an unnecessary obstruction to what is being considered "normal and harmless" among my peers.
2. Hammocking reduces stress and lowers blood pressure. Therefore, as college students, a hammocking environment can improve student life.
3. Hammocking outdoors creates a culture of natural theology and worship. It is a good way for the student body to have "personal time" with God while getting away from a noisy or busy part of campus.
4. Hammocking is also a good way to study because of its swaying motions which increase cognition.
5. Fostering a community of relaxation during appropriate times in turn creates a friendlier and happier environment.
Today: Davis is counting on you
Davis Dewar needs your help with “Dr. Clarence Boyd: The Allowance of Hammocks On the Campus of Oral Roberts University”. Join Davis and 333 supporters today.