LET THEM PLAY BC
LET THEM PLAY BC
LET THEM PLAY BC!
DR. BONNIE HENRY, HON. ADRIAN DIX, PREMIERE HORGAN:
Our children are suffering. PLEASE HELP THEM!
Suicide ideation rates in children have spiked. Family doctors all over BC are reporting massive increases in mental health issues in adolescents. Our children have no place to put their anxiety, frustration, inspiration and passion, and many could be scarred permanently.
There are over 1.1 million children between the ages of 5-24 in British Columbia. Conservative estimates are that 40-45% of those kids play sports at some level. This amounts to 1 in every 10 British Columbians.
Youth sport was shut down for months last year and we are now entering our 5th month of no competition. TWO SEASONS HAVE NOW BEEN LOST!
For young people, that is an eternity.
- The covid mortality rate in people age 0-24 without pre-existng conditions is 0% (No deaths).
- In 15 months, there have been 1467 deaths “related” to Covid in BC.
- During flu season in 2018 (a 6 month period: October to April), there were approximately 1150 deaths “related” to Influenza and Pneumonia in BC.
- Why are our children being punished?
- Why is it not incumbent on high risk individuals to protect themselves?
- Why does the government of BC not trust that British Columbians will make the best decisions for themselves and their families?
Spoiler Alert: the answer is NOT “because some British Columbians don’t make good decisions”. As the numbers show, the vast majority of people in BC are very responsible.
PLEASE, RELEASE THE CHILDREN....LET THEM PLAY!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION:
- Instagram: LetThemPlayBC
- Twitter: @them_bc