Clean River and Land
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Purpose- Clean river, clean land to live on, Clean air and Organic Food. None of the water bodies can be clean till we don't change the waste disposal policy of the country. Swatch Bharat Abhiyan will also be possible if we stop the disposal of human waste in our water bodies. If we revamp our waste disposal policy then we can achive clean water bodies and land free from filth and that will hence give us more land to provide housing to poor. At present being a resident of delhi we see huge mountains of filth gathered near Mukarba Chownk. Which contain lot of non bio degradable stuff. Also we find a lot of vegitables which are full of pesticides. Instead of dumping waste in this manner. If we use the following measures:
1. Use of bio degradable plastic bags (which are now produced by a Hydrabad based company). It will save our cows who inhale the polyethene bags while feeding on dustbin).
2. Segragation of organic and inorganic waste and use of organic waste for making compost. This will provide less of public dustbin filled with stinking waste. It will also provide organic manure so that we get vegitables free of pesticides. Also kids will be able to breath clean air (and not stick).
3. Inorganic waste should be recycled, so that such things dont get burried in the land. As a result our future generations will get a clean land to live in. Otherwise the future will be that earth would turn into a huge ball of plastic, with no food, no crop, no water.
4. Human waste instead of being flown into water bodies after treatment should be used to produce Bio Gas so that our rivers become clean. As a result the water will be cleaner and will need lesser chlorine in it. Thus we and our children will get alkaline water, making then disease free.
5. Make rain water harvesting a mandate for all colonies.
Today: Ritu is counting on you
Ritu Gupta needs your help with “Don't make earth a ball of plastic”. Join Ritu and 251 supporters today.