EXTENSION OF BREAK IN IMS UNISON UNIVERSITY & DIT DUE TO SPREAD OF THE CORONA VIRUS!
This petition made change with 1,074 supporters!
The following points supports our argument:
1. The college started on 11th March after HOLI break due to which students from their respective homes in different states will return to college. We also have students from corona risk states like Delhi and UP. Mass gatherings in classes will lead to spread.
2. Mass stays in hostels and using common toilets.
3. All schools and colleges in the state have announced suspension of classes. However, being a responsible institute and an institute of national importance, IUU should take immediate, concrete and effective actions for prevention of the spread on the novel Coronavirus.
4. Also centrally funded institute in other parts of country had also taken steps and classes are being suspended to prevent this spread.
5. As we already know, exams are scheduled in the month of May. To avoid delay in exams (if the virus keeps spreading like this), its necessary that the college declares suspension now.
6. Since we have students from all over the country and from other countries too, we are more prone towards COVID-19.
This petition keeps in mind the best interest of whole DIT Family. Single case coming from other state due to travel after holidays can lead to spread of this epidemic in whole institute. We request you to please make the arrangements for screening of students or anyone entering hostels or institute.
Regards Student Community
IMS UNISON UNIVERSITY AND DIT UNIVERSITY
Today: Oooo.. is counting on you
Oooo.. Janejana needs your help with “DIT UNIVERSITY DEHRADUN: TO STOP THE SPREAD OF CORONA VIRUS IN IMS”. Join Oooo.. and 1,073 supporters today.