Request For Public Hearing For Sechelt Sustainable Community
This petition had 66 supporters
Sechelt Sustainable Communities (SSC) Properties have purchased a piece of land in East Porpoise Bay, Sechelt, that was previously known as 'Silverback Properties' and has planning approval for 1600 homes and a golf course.
SSC Properties do not believe this to be a good use of the land and community. They have consulted with the public and plan to build the most sustainable community in North America, as well as the largest Affordable Housing development on the Sunshine Coast, BC (the lack of Affordable Housing units in the community has been identified in local surveys and feedback). Community support for this development has been positive, including a letter of support from the East Porpoise Bay Community Association, which neighbors this future development.
The public hearing for this development has been promised on numerous occasions, with Mayor Milne on record last year stating a public hearing in Fall 2016 was a "reasonable timeline". This date has passed without any public hearing.
This petition aims to get community support for setting a firm date for a public hearing for this development that includes:
- Initially, 72 Affordable Housing units (with more to follow);
- Protection of ecological areas with custodian residence;
- International Education Centre;
- More than 1,000 new jobs in construction, retail, services, seniors-care, education, agriculture, and tourism;
- $5m projected revenue to the District of Sechelt in tax revenues each year;
- Use of rainwater harvesting, on-site aquifers, surface water sources and existing reservoirs to have the lowest use of potable water of any community on the Sunshine Coast;
- Aging-in-place housing, including assisted living housing, a residential care centre, and hospice facilities.
For further information, please consult www.sscproperties.com
Today: Graham is counting on you
Graham Moore needs your help with “District of Sechelt: Request For Public Hearing For Sechelt Sustainable Community”. Join Graham and 65 supporters today.