FIX OUR SCHOOL - Gingin District High School
This petition made change with 274 supporters!
There has been growing concern amongst the community regarding the direction and management of Gingin District High School. Strong effective leadership to educate, improve, support, nurture, guide and develop our children to become confident capable adults is a necessity.
Some of the issues to be addressed are:
- Student behaviour being managed ineffectively
- Growing problem of bullying and the lack of proactive response
- Insufficient intervention for students at educational and emotional risk
- Lack of support and compassion for parents
- Decrease in enrollments
- Increase in students exiting
- Selective approach when collecting data
- Lack of transparency
- Lack of initiative to address growing community concerns
- Breakdown in relations between Gingin District High School and significant community stakeholders
- Lack of specialty programs eg. language programs, music and performing arts
We the undersigned, call on the Department of Education Director General Sharyn O'Neill, the Minister of Education and the Shire of Gingin to take action towards Gingin District High School's management and leadership.
The negative effects Gingin District High School is having on the children of Gingin, the parents of Gingin and the wider community must be addressed.
We urge Gingin District High School be reviewed by the Education Review Group with an aim to provide answers to our concerns and to allocate new leadership, therefore restoring confidence with our students, parents and the general community.
Today: Kylie is counting on you
Kylie Greer needs your help with “Director General Sharyn O'Neill Department of Education: FIX OUR SCHOOL - Gingin District High School”. Join Kylie and 273 supporters today.