DGCA Draft Guidelines - Exemptions sought for Model Aircraft for Recreational / Hobby
This petition had 905 supporters
In view of the regulations that you seek to draft for this activity, we feel that hobbyists flying model aircraft for recreational purposes should be exempted from the general provisions that will govern commercial activity and UAS. A separate section or clause in the same policy for model aircraft as per the definition in the existing draft, will best suit the purpose of security and regulations, as well as encourage and permit the growth of the hobby and all the associated research, and educational activities stemming from the same.
Thus a separate section in the draft for recreational flying and model aircraft that comprises of the following is requested:
- Vertical limit up to max 500ft AGL
- No requirement of UIN or UAOP for recreational flying from DGCA. All club / institutions will be responsible for issuing registration to their members to be displayed on their model aircrafts.
- Maximum weight of model aircraft will be 30 kilos.
- Age – no limit
- Hours of operation only between sunrise and sunset
- Not to be conducted over restricted, prohibited, danger areas, military cantonments, security installations and protected monuments as notified from time to time.
- Import of model aircrafts, their spares, parts and accessories should be permitted without any restrictions or conditions of approval from DGCA.
Request you to kindly consider the above and incorporate the same into your Air Transport Circular under consideration.
Today: RC India is counting on you
RC India needs your help with “DGCA Draft Guidelines - Exemptions sought for Model Aircraft for Recreational / Hobby”. Join RC India and 904 supporters today.