Justice for homeless animals in Malaysia
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
We’ve recently seen a number of unwarranted killings of not only homeless animal but pets that belong to owners. First at Puchong where dogs were poisoned within an owner's compound. Than came Levander Heights case where 5 dogs were poisoned which includes a dog called rottie that has an owner. Third came Taman Wahyu poisoning and chopped dogs. Fourth is Kemayan poisoned dog. There were multiple cases of cats being poisoned and killed by irresponsible people. These unwarranted killings need to be stopped and these murderers need to be punished but for some reason, it appears that the government is not doing anything about it. And it doesn’t come as a surprise as we have all seen how their municipality workers handled the homeless animals. We want them to be protected. They are also living beings and have every right to be amongst us. Those who harm these homeless animalss must be punished and punished harshly. And the government must endeavour to protect them. We vote for a change, a change that will include the stray animal welfare.
We are demanding the authorities to look into following:-
- To fairly investigate all abuse cases and impose heavy punishment if found guilty.
- To form a National Consultative Body on animal welfare which consist of independent rescuers and registered societies.
- For the roll out and enforcement of Responsible Pet Ownership which includes sterilization and microchiping
- To transforming all presently owned pounds by city council into welfare facilities or to provide proper facility to manage the homeless animals
- For issuing a Moratorium to all rounding up activities of homeless animals.
With implementing the above, we believe the homeless animals will be given the chance to live.
Abuse and killing cases will be addressed and ideally, moved to zero cases.
We are asking for your support by signing this petition to show your support on making Malaysia stray and abuse free.
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way it's animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi
Today: Malaysian Animal Welfare Association is counting on you
Malaysian Animal Welfare Association needs your help with “Department of Veterinary Services Malaysia: Justice for homeless animals in Malaysia”. Join Malaysian Animal Welfare Association and 9,979 supporters today.