Tom Perez should step down as DNC Chair. Deputy Chair Keith Ellison should assume the seat
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is in disarray during a hugely consequential political moment. The only hope to reign in the excesses of the majority Republican government and the Donald Trump administration is for the Democrats to take back many seats in Congress and in State legislatures.
Under current and past leadership, the DNC has become a financially and politically impotent organization. Some issues include:
- Over 900 elected seats in state and federal government have been lost by Democrats since Obama took office.
- The DNC is $3.4 million in debt and its fundraising is currently abysmal.
- DNC Chair Tom Perez has taken a side-gig as a faculty member at Brown University.
- The organization recently purged longstanding progressive members who either supported Bernie Sanders or Keith Ellison.
- Emails published by WikiLeaks along with testimony from former interim Chair Donna Brazile indicate that the organization was used by the Hillary Clinton campaign to facilitate an unfair presidential primary, and to circumvent campaign finance laws in support of Clinton's candidacy.
Tom Perez has had a distinguished career in the Obama Administration, but it is clear that he is not the right man to lead the DNC through this trying political moment. Tom Perez should step down from the position of DNC Chair and pass the title to Deputy Chair Keith Ellison to restore voters' trust in the Democratic Party and to lead a new generation into the next political era.
Today: Andre is counting on you
Andre Stackhouse needs your help with “Democratic National Committee: Tom Perez should step down as DNC Chair. Deputy Chair Keith Ellison should assume the seat”. Join Andre and 744 supporters today.