Press Complaints Council, UK.. please take action.
This petition had 206 supporters
On March 2nd 2012 Daily Mail published a filthy article authored by their reporter Neethu Chandra under the title “NRI Nightmare: Delhi bride tortured by cruel husband in US”. This was a demonstration of highest levels of yellow journalism; a totally farce story inflated with lies and false allegations. I’m not posting it here and make the entire change.org platform stinky.
Reasons why content of the above mentioned article is objectionable
1) The article did not give the readers substantial material to support that those incidents covered have ever occurred. It is a cleverly worded, cooked up story to cheat the readers and therefore breached the recognized ethical canons of journalistic propriety and taste.
2) USA is not a lawless land like Afghanistan. The said article did not mention about any police report lodged or order of any legal authority in America, which underscores the fact that the stated offences are highly hypothetical and intended to raise false alarm. I believe, freedom of press does not mean the right to write whatever it likes; and therefore is an abuse of press freedom.
3) The said article does not carry any comments, justifications or whatsoever from the vilified character Dr. Kaling and his family, neither it talks about the attempts of press to contact them; hence the article is not bonafide and fools the readers.
4) The title of the article calls by name ‘cruel husband’ where no court of law on this planet, to date, has declared so. More over this usage is extremely derogatory to the whole NRI community and so it should be considered as a very serious professional misconduct.
5) Notice to comply with Press Complaints Council, UK was served to the editor of Daily Mail and the said news link got removed from their website, in next few days. The notice never got responded. This should be considered as acceptance of guilt and tantamount to approving all the 4 arguments mentioned above, beyond reasonable doubt.
I, hereby humbly pray before the Press Complaints Council of UK to consider this petition for inquiry and execute its inherent powers to take the most stringent action against respondent number 1 and 2 so as to uphold, maintain and improve the standards of newspapers and news agencies.
Today: Prassoon is counting on you
Prassoon Suryadas needs your help with “Demanding stringent action against misandrist Neethu Chandra & Daily Mail: Press Complaints Council, UK.. please take action.”. Join Prassoon and 205 supporters today.