FREE & FAIR ELECTIONS FOR LEBANON IN 2022
FREE & FAIR ELECTIONS FOR LEBANON IN 2022
WE DEMAND A FREE AND FAIR LEBANON
We, the collective, independent opposition, comprising civil activist groups, new political parties, associations, and organizations, from within Lebanon and abroad, come together in a united stance to call for FREE and FAIR ELECTIONS in 2022.
We are NON-sectarian, NON-extremist, choosing to use PEACEFUL and DEMOCRATIC methods to achieve our purpose. We are fully inclusive of all faiths, beliefs, colours, genders, and age groups.
Our objective is to agitate the millions of Lebanese and friends of Lebanon worldwide by inspiring a MOVEMENT for CHANGE.
Our immediate objective is to mobilize the members of the 16 million-strong Lebanese diaspora and the citizens of Lebanon to:
1. REGISTER TO VOTE, if eligible, in your home country. It is preferred for those who have the financial means to come back to Lebanon and vote in your village, but if you can't, then you MUST still register to vote in your home country. Why is this critical? Because the Lebanese Government is trying to cancel voting for the diaspora and if only a small number of people register in the diaspora we will have given them a perfect excuse to cancel out-of-country voting, claiming that the diaspora is NOT INTERESTED in what's going on in Lebanon so it is not worth spending the money. So PLEASE REGISTER. Click this link to find out how: How to Register to Vote
2. RETURN TO LEBANON: If you have the means then please make plans to return to vote in your village because your vote will carry more weight.
3. DO NOT USE WHITE CARD: A white card is an automatic vote for the existing political elite. DON’T BE FOOLED. They want you to put a White Card in because they already know how many votes they can get and if they convince you to put a white card instead of voting for someone from the new parties, you will have basically voted for them.
4. VOTE! Don’t just register you MUST VOTE on 27 March 2022. Kilna Yihni Kilna
5. ENCOURAGE family members in Lebanon to VOTE FOR CHANGE, NOT to use the White Card and NOT to vote for the same parties that led us to this economic and humanitarian disaster.
Through democratic means, we aim to show the current political elite, who have hijacked our nation and all their cronies, partners, and puppets, that the indecent corruption that they have perpetrated against their own people for more than 4 decades must end.
Through this petition, we are also clearly and loudly telling the global political leaders and heads of all major NGOs including the World Bank, IMF, United Nations, European Union, and all others, that the citizens of Lebanon ARE ready for CHANGE NOW!
HOW do we achieve this?
1. By STANDING UP
2. STEPPING UP, and
3. SPEAKING UP by voting in the 2022 elections.
This petition recognizes that, if you are over 21 - YOU HAVE POWER.
ONE Voice, ONE Vote!
If you are Lebanese living outside Lebanon, even if you are 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th generation, and you have Lebanese nationality, you can register and you can vote. To find out how please click on this link: How to Register to Vote or find out more about the issues affecting Lebanon by going to these platforms:
The voting process is the most powerful tool that we, the people, have to show this government that we do NOT accept their criminal negligence. Lebanon deserves a government that will give its citizens:
1. Back the money it stole out of our bank accounts.
2. Uninterrupted electricity.
3. Hospitals accessible to all.
4. Clean and safe drinking water.
5. An equitable education system.
6. Public transportation.
7. Safe roads.
8. Jobs that pay a fair salary; and most importantly,
9. The right to remain in our own country and live with dignity.
The raping of Lebanon, of its banks, its resources, its institutions, its mountains, its oceans, and its people, MUST STOP!
The 2022 parliamentary elections are our chance to demand these basic human rights and bring truth and justice back to Lebanon.
There are almost 4 million Lebanese voters and an additional 1 million eligible voters who live abroad. We want to make sure that this time EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE VOTES COUNT.
WHAT WE MEAN BY FREE AND FAIR:
A FREE election is one in which all citizens are able to vote for the candidate of their choice.
A FAIR election is one in which all votes have equal power and are counted accurately. These are universally accepted standards that governments need to meet before, during, and after an election to ensure that an election is both "free and fair".
The eight standards that define "free and fair" are:
1. Citizens are able to register to vote;
2. Voters have access to reliable information;
3. Citizens can run for office;
4. All voters have access to a polling place or another method of voting;
5. People can vote free from intimidation;
6. Voting is free from fraud;
7. Ballots are counted accurately and the correct results are announced;
8. The results of the election are respected.
Today's Lebanon is neither FREE NOR FAIR!
JOIN THE MOVEMENT FOR CHANGE
We call on all people, Lebanese and non-Lebanese, who believe in justice, democracy, and the right of the individual to fundamental human rights to:
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION
This petition is an initiative of Free and Fair Lebanon
The collective, independent opposition include:
Akkar Tantafed Lilubnan
Alika' Al Janoubi
Beirut Kadeyati Beirut
Bill of Rights
CCG (Constructive Change Group)
Champville 85 Beirut
Chekka and Anfeh North
Civic Influence hub
Civil Society Mont Liban
ENOUGH! Lebanon's Darkest Hour
Group of Pharmacists Thawra
Harakat Shabab Bikaa
Hay'at Hemayat Thawra
HDF Active Thouwar
Hirak Baalbeck Bekaa
Independent Engineers and Architects
Khat Ahmar Lebanon
Koulona lel watan
Lubnan Yantafed North
Lubnan Yokleb El Tawla
Metn Revolution Support 2
New Laws Better Future North
Sarde After Dinner
Tahaluf Muttahedoun South
Tajamou3 el jerd Mont Liban
Tajmou Adowla al Madaniya
Tarablus Tantafed North Tripoli
Thawra Moukadimou a rihaya souhiya bi libnan
Thawra Ountha North
Thawrat 17 Techreen
The Lebanese Diaspora Network (TLDN)
The National Bloc
The World Lebanese Cultural Union
Thuwar Iklim & Thuwar Iklim2
Together for Lebanon
Transparency International- Lebanon chapter
Yantafed - AlJabal
If your organisation would like to add their name as a cosignatory to this petition please contact @DaizyGedeon and also via email email@example.com.