This petition had 529 supporters
Recognizing that art can bridge cultural, class and generational divides, Arts at the Armory showcases a wide range of visual arts, dance, theater, cultural, community, and musical events.
Arts at the Armory is a non-profit organization situated in the historic armory on Highland Avenue. While not the owners of the building, Arts at the Armory is supportive of a successful hearing process that leads to decreased regulation on the building’s owners. In order for our organization to be financially sustainable, we must be able to utilize our space to the full potential of our Café and Performance Hall.
The regulations that relate directly to the success of Arts at the Armory are:
1) An increase in occupancy, which will allow us to better serve the needs of the community with such events as the Somerville Winter Farmers’ Market;
2) Expanded hours that will allow us to open earlier and stay open two hours later (allowing us to better work with nationally touring music and theater groups);
3) Outdoor Café seating, which will enhance the on-street vibrancy in our neighborhood;
4) Cooking in our Café, which will allow us to better-cater to our customers, specifically in the cold winter months; and
5) The ability to apply for a liquor license, currently not negotiable within the buildings’ conditions.
We believe strongly in the programming that we provide and believe that with the above-mentioned actions, we can live up to our full potential and fulfill our mission to an even greater extent. With your support, we will be able to continue and expand upon our daily cultural, educational, and healthy-living events and thrive as a centerpiece to the local economy. We hope you will sign our petition and also attend the hearing once it is announced in mid-August.
Today: Tracey is counting on you
Tracey Stark needs your help with “Dear friends”. Join Tracey and 528 supporters today.