Allow electric skateboards on the Cal Poly SLO campus
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
There is a growing community of electric skateboarders among Cal Poly students, and we use our boards on campus as an efficient, environmentally friendly way of getting to and from our classes. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to work with the Dean of Students, as well as UPD, to create a campus policy that allows electric skateboarders to ride everywhere that bicycles can.
Reasons why we believe electric skateboards should be allowed on Cal Poly SLO campus:
- It is legal to ride them in California (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB604)
- Electric skateboards have reliable braking capability
- Reduction in the number of cars on campus
- Environmentally friendly (boards are fully electric - no emissions!)
- Doesn't require any additional bike racks or other equipment
- Very convenient way to get to classes that are far away, which helps us students manage our busy schedules
Today: Timothy is counting on you
Timothy Stoddard needs your help with “email@example.com: Allow electric skateboards on the Cal Poly SLO campus”. Join Timothy and 128 supporters today.