Stop cuts to Complex Needs Services by 2/3rds!
This petition had 1,348 supporters
The Complex Needs Service in Oxfordshire (CNS) was officially opened in 2005 to fill a gap in existing mental health services. This much-needed service addressed the needs of people suffering from personality disorder who had not previously been offered effective treatment. Personality disorder affects approximately 5% of the population in the UK.
The CNS is currently facing cuts in its funding of two-thirds. Current proposals are to reduce funding from £1.4 million to just £450,000 annually. Service users and those associated with the service feel this is unjustified and in fact harmful to both service users and society at large. We hope that the Save Our Service campaign can rally support for the CNS and justify spending on the service based on rational arguments. We ask you to make your voice heard by the Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group who will make the final decision on funding.What is personality disorder?
Personality disorder (PD) is a complex issue. However, some of the characteristics of PD include:
- Long term difficulties with unstable mood, self harm, frustration, anger, anxiety, mistrust or dependency
- Relationship and attachment disorders
- Associated with childhood adversity
- Symptoms include low frustration tolerance; self harm; eating problems; unstable relationships; unstable mood (depression/anxiety); misuse of drugs and alcohol; violence
- Housing problems; unemployment; unstable relationships
Today: Caroline is counting on you
Caroline Fergusson needs your help with “David Cameron: Stop cuts to Complex Needs Services by 2/3rds!”. Join Caroline and 1,347 supporters today.