Cancel 2016 “Big Lick Animal Cruelty” Tenn.Walking Horse Show - Panama City Beach, Florida
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
As a child, I fondly remember going to Panama City Beach, Florida for family vacations. The sand was sugary white, and the water emerald green – so beautiful.
One could never imagine that Big Lick Animal Cruelty would ever be welcome on the "World's Most Beautiful Beaches". Yet, it will most certainly happen, unless people from all over America and the World, unite and vigorously protest against it.
The “Walking Horse Trainers Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show”, featuring Big Lick Animal Cruelty, is planned for Frank Brown Park in Panama City Beach on April 21-23, 2016.
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION - FIGHT ANIMAL CRUELTY
Please send a clear message that the people of America and the World do not believe that Panama City Beach, Florida - one of America's favorite family vacation destinations - should host this cruel barbaric event.
This Big Lick show left Florida in 2014, and moved 400 miles inland to Columbia, Tennessee for 2015. The Citizens Campaign Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty led public protests in Columbia, TN, and the local people boycotted it.
One Big Lick Trainer was indicted for alleged Aggravated Assault With A Deadly Weapon against a Citizen Protestor in Columbia, TN, on May 30, 2015.
THE BIG LICK ANIMAL CRUELTY
In August 2015, USDA Vet inspectors disqualified 35% of all “Big Lick” TWH they inspected for alleged Animal Cruelty violations at the ten day Walking Horse “Superbowl” - the Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration. Walking Horse Trainers supervise, prepare and present these horses for inspection.
CITIZEN PROTESTS - TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE NATIONAL CELEBRATION
Many Big Lick Trainers "steward" Big Lick TWH to not react to pre-show inspections by beating or shocking the horses to "teach" them. Others cover up the abuse. In this You Tube video, a brave former Trainer reveals the secrets.
Over 66,000 people have now signed Change.Org Petitions Against Big Lick Animal Cruelty. They represent and speak for "The Horses", like Gen's Ice Glimmer, who cannot speak for themselves.
A Florida elected official, who will hopefully assist in stopping the "Walking Horse Trainers Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show", is Congressman Ted Yoho (R-FL) from nearby Gainesville.
A large animal vet before taking office in 2013, Rep. Yoho is now the lead sponsor of proposed federal legislation called the PAST Act (Prevent All Soring Practices) which will eliminate the Big Lick. Rep. Yoho's Third District is a short three hour+ drive from the "Walking Horse Trainers Charity Horse Show".
CITIZENS CAMPAIGN AGAINST BIG LICK ANIMAL CRUELTY
In 2015, Big Lick Animal Cruelty was confronted in the Southern States with public protests led by the Citizens Campaign:
• Tennesseans said “No More” by not attending the Celebration. Over 30,000 spectators (approximately 50%) did not attend the 2015 TWH “Superbowl” – TN Walking Horse National Celebration.
• Mississippians said “No More” when its flagship University of Mississippi refused to accept a $50,000.00 charitable donation to its Children's Hospital obtained from Big Lick Animal Cruelty.
• Alabamians said "No More", and voted 70% in the Decatur Daily Newspaper Poll saying they did not want the National Walking Horse Trainers Show to be hosted in their community.
• Regions Bank (16 states), said "No More", and withdrew (2014) its $25,000.00 corporate support of the Big Lick Tennessee Walking Horse National Celebration.
• Pepsi-Co (Pepsi Cola, Mountain Dew brands) said "No More", and withdrew (2012) its $25,000.00 corporate sponsorship of the Big Lick TWH Celebration.
Below is the story of Gen's Ice Glimmer who was rescued from slaughter in July 2015 by the Horse Plus Humane Society of Hohenwald, Tennessee.
Please SIGN and urge the elected officials and leaders of Panama City Beach, Florida, and Bay County, Florida, to CANCEL the 2016 Big Lick “Walking Horse Trainers Gulf Coast Charity Horse Show”, and BAN it in the future.
Today: Mary is counting on you
Mary Smith needs your help with “Dan Rowe, Gayle Oberst, Josie Strange, Mario Gisbert: Cancel 2016 “Big Lick Animal Cruelty” Walking Horse Show - Panama City Beach, Florida”. Join Mary and 7,515 supporters today.