The CUSD Superintendent Search Committee must include key stakeholders
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
To the CUSD Board of Education:
We, the undersigned, call for an inclusive superintendent search process!
We compel the Board to utilize a Superintendent Selection Committee in the search process, comprised of stakeholders from CUSD Board, 4 employee organizations (teachers, school/support staff, service staff and administrators), parents and CEEF. Selection Committee members should be involved in all aspects of the (confidential) search process. Let us do it right this time -- we cannot afford another failed leader at CUSD!
Community Inclusion Is Vital To Our Success:
- To return to a focus on kids and our mission to educate, the entire CUSD community must unite under a capable leader! The next superintendent must reflect the people’s choice, not solely the Board’s choice.
- To restore trust among teachers, parents and the community, the Board must choose a transparent process with stakeholder inclusion to demonstrate sound judgment and a willingness to collaborate.
- To create unity and a shared accountability for the hiring decision, stakeholder groups must participate in the selection process and become jointly invested in the new superintendent’s success.
- To find the right leader, a diverse selection committee prevents bias in selection and ensures proper due diligence of candidates with all stakeholder interests represented.
- To help our new superintendent get off to a fast and positive start. Community inclusion in the selection process will create a spirit of ownership and excitement for our new leader, in a way that’s not possible with a Board-only decision.
- To mark a new beginning, Board members can put to rest perceptions of board failures and dysfunction and help the community begin anew by extending trust first.
Concerned CUSD Community Members
Today: Concerned is counting on you
Concerned CUSD Community needs your help with “CUSD Board of Education: The CUSD Superintendent Search Committee must include key stakeholders”. Join Concerned and 472 supporters today.