Reopen an ice skating arena in Lake Arrowhead
For nearly 100 years, dating back to the 1930s there was always an ice skating arena in Lake Arrowhead. The only ice arena nestled in the forest above 5400 ft elevation in Southern California has shaped legends in the figure skating world from Michelle Kwan, Robin Cousins, Nicole Bobek, Surya Bonaly to Evan Lysacek. On August 31, 2013 the legendary ice arena was closed.
The closing of the ice arena significantly impacts the Lake Arrowhead community. Many local businesses are losing revenue generated by skaters and their families who came from all around the globe to stay and train in Lake Arrowhead. Local children lost a family friendly place that provided opportunities for positive learning and recreational activities. Many skater families residing in Lake Arrowhead have to drive up and down the mountain everyday and are considering moving out of the community so their children can train at another ice arena.
In order for an ice skating arena to be reopened in Lake Arrowhead, we need support from the County of San Bernardino to accommodate potential investors and expedite the process of obtaning the necessary permits.
Please sign this petition to show your support for reopening an ice skating arena in Lake Arrowhead and request the county of San Bernardino to take action to encourage and accommodate potential investors who are interested in reopening the ice arena.
Please also take a minute to share this petition with anybody you know through email, social media or traditional word of mouth. Simply use any of the share buttons on this site or point people to go to http://www.ArrowheadSkating.com
We need all the help we can get to bring ice skating back to Lake Arrowhead.
Thank you very much for your support!
In the News:
- An Ice Skating Era Ends: http://www.mountain-news.com/business/article_4f2877ee-0ab5-11e3-bab9-001a4bcf887a.html
- Reflections on the Ice Castle: http://www.mountain-news.com/business/article_e147ff62-1039-11e3-bd38-0019bb2963f4.html
- Legendary Ice Castle Rink to close its doors: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/08/27/58343346/legendary-ice-castle-rink-to-close-its-doors
- Ice Castle, a Lake Arrowhead figure-skating landmark, shuts its doors: http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-figure-skating-ice-castles-20130831,0,2899706.story?page=1#axzz2e5WwZnS2
- Board of Supervisors, 2nd District - Janice Rutherford
County of San Bernardino
- Assemblyman, 33rd District - Tim Donnelly
State of California (Assemblyman, 33rd District - Tim Donnelly)
Please support the reopening of an ice skating arena in Lake Arrowhead.
Today: Hidajat is counting on you
Hidajat Family needs your help with “County of San Bernardino: Reopen an ice skating arena in Lake Arrowhead”. Join Hidajat and 2,239 supporters today.