Implement an All-Way Stop at Ellerslie Av. and Tamworth Rd.
This petition had 76 supporters
The concerned community members listed on this petition are strongly requesting the Municipality of Toronto implement an all-way stop at the intersection of Ellerslie Avenue and Tamworth Road in North York.
This is a well-travelled intersection currently marked with a 2-way stop for east and west bound traffic (Ellerslie Avenue), situated in the middle of a stretch of Tamworth Road with no stopping for north and south bound traffic for a distance of 3 residential blocks. Due to the reasons listed below, we request that the city implement an all-way stop at this intersection:
1. This intersection is in the direct path for many adults and children traveling east/west along Ellerslie Avenue to and from Dempsey Park (a very active community park).
2. It is in the path for daily pedestrian commuters to and from the North York Centre TTC station and provides access to the vibrant Yonge Street North community.
3. This intersection is used heavily by children and students traveling from the TTC and condominiums on Beecroft Avenue to Willowdale Middle and Churchill Public schools to the west
4. It is the location of multiple daily school bus pick-up and drop-offs.
5. According to a speed study report dated March 4, 2014, northbound and southbound traffic volume combined exceeded 2000 cars DAILY. (See footnote #1 in Petition Letter)
Today: Ellerslie and Tamworth Residents is counting on you
Ellerslie and Tamworth Residents needs your help with “Councillor John Filion: Implement an All-Way Stop at Ellerslie Av. and Tamworth Rd.”. Join Ellerslie and Tamworth Residents and 75 supporters today.