Withdraw the current proposals to cut Trade Union Facilities Time in Coventry City Council.
This petition had 891 supporters
We note with dismay the proposals submitted on behalf of Coventry City Council that would significantly cut the amount of time that local union officers have to act on their members’ behalf, with many unions facing a greater than 50% reduction.
This is an attack on the trade union movement locally and an attempt by the City Council to make it more difficult for the trade unions to defend their members and the public services in the City.
We note that:
· These cuts will seriously affect industrial relations within the authority.
· They will lead to more stress and anxiety for council employees.
· They come at a time when the Tory government is planning even greater cuts and attacks on local services as well as our members pay and conditions.
· The cuts to facilities time will cost more money than it saves.
· Coventry Council is attempting to force this through without following proper procedure as is dictated by our collective agreements.
The Joint Trade Unions have lodged a formal dispute with the City Council about the way it is conducting its so-called consultation and in respect of the fact that they are not following proper procedure. This dispute has the backing of UNISON, UNITE, ATL, NASUWT, and NUT at both local authority and regional level.
We call upon Cllr Ann Lucas, Leader of Coventry City Council, as well as the Labour Party Group, to withdraw these proposals.
Today: Chris is counting on you
Chris Denson needs your help with “Councillor Ann Lucas - Coventry City Council: Withdraw the current proposals to cut Trade Union Facilities Time in Coventry City Council.”. Join Chris and 890 supporters today.