INDIA'S KERALA FLOODS - 35 MILLION PEOPLE NEED URGENT HELP
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!
INDIA'S KERALA DEVASTATED BY UNPRECEDENTED FLOODS. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE NEED HELP.
We are writing this petition on behalf of the Indians and their related families and friends in Kerala, the southern state of India known as God's own country. The people of Kerala are dying, 35 Million inhabitants are going through a massive flood and multiple horrendous landslides with insufficient rescue operations, equipment and personnel. We have not been able to contact our family members and friends, the rescue operations are in place but we need more support and help from every way possible.
- "Kerala is facing its worst flood in 100 years. 80 dams opened, 324 lives lost and 223139 people are in about 1500+ relief camps," read a tweet from the Chief Minister's Office.
- At least 250,000 people were stranded in areas badly hit by flood awaiting rescue, including infants, senior citizens, pregnant women, tired and hungry and in the face of grave danger. All of them have not yet been rescued.
- Kerala is being ravaged by torrential rains since August 8, which have triggered landslides and floods. It has disrupted air, rail and road traffic in several places. Public transport has practically disappeared from almost all districts of the state.
- Hospitals under water.
- Relief workers and volunteers are struggling to get food, clean water and medical aid to those in relief camps.
- Fuel is out of stock in many places.
- The state of Kerala is looking at a loss of over 2 billion USD.
Death toll is rising every hour, every minute, More than 250,000 people have fled their homes, the aged,young, ill and pregnant and stranded in their homes with the water level rising every hour, many towns are submerged in water. However, we are not sure how many other lives have been lost in the remote and inaccessible areas of Kerala. All the shutters of 36 of the 39 reservoirs have been open and it is continuously and heavily raining for the past one week.
We are seeking for mercy, help, relief and support, for our brothers and sisters in Kerala from the European Union in any possible way - High end machinery, any advanced technical aid, financial aid, medicines, food supplies or anything you could do to save our people. We are doing our best to support our friends and families in Kerala by raising funds. But the intensity of damage inflicted due the floods and landslides are so huge that we would need your help in overcoming this tragedy.
The government of Kerala has started a Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund that explains the intensity of this calamity and is seeking donations on its website:
We humbly request every one who is reading this, to keep Kerala in their prayers and help the beautiful province and its people in any way you can. We sincerely request the European Union to join our hands in helping Kerala in any means possible – by contacting the Kerala government or the Indian government.We request for your attention and mercy from organizations across the world.
HELPING HANDS ( IRELAND)
Today: Helping Hands is counting on you
Helping Hands needs your help with “Council of the European Union: Urgent flood relief fund for India's Kerala”. Join Helping Hands and 24,899 supporters today.