Enact Social Enterprise Law NOW
This petition had 151 supporters
It’s time to unleash Connecticut’s entrepreneurs by giving them the power to create a new kind of corporation that looks beyond profits and actively seeks to create jobs, build stronger communities, and discover ways to advance sustainable, environmentally-sound business practices.
Connecticut’s Benefit Corporation Bill (S.B.23) empowers Connecticut’s social entrepreneurs by giving them the option to form Benefit Corporations, which simply put, are corporations that choose to place their social missions and concerns right alongside their profit considerations.
Let the Connecticut General Assembly know it’s time to pass S.B. 23!
S.B. 23 is good for Connecticut because:
• it will not cost taxpayers or add to government bureaucracy…instead it harnesses the power of the free market;
• allows CT to catch up competitively to the 20 other states, from the red states of South Carolina and Arkansas to the blue states of California and New York, that already allow Benefit Corps…not to mention the other dozen actively considering them;
• protects local businesses from hostile takeovers which would alter their mission or move them out of state;
• creates more profitable local businesses who will work to improve the lives of the people of CT;
• increases investment in our state by giving local businesses a slice of the over 3.5 trillion dollars currently invested in socially conscious businesses.
Send the message to The Connecticut General Assembly to pass S.B.23 because it is good for CT!
Today: iMission Partners LLC is counting on you
iMission Partners LLC needs your help with “Connecticut State Senate: Enact Social Enterprise Law NOW”. Join iMission Partners LLC and 150 supporters today.