Tell Congress not to cut funding that protects family farmers & hungry Americans!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!
The Farm Bill is the most important and comprehensive piece of food and farm legislation in the United States. In 2018, family farmers, the environment, and all Americans could suffer major losses if the Farm Bill is not adequately funded and passed this year.
We’re asking Congress to pass a Farm Bill in 2018 that helps all Americans, and to provide sufficient funding so that the programs actually work.
The Farm Bill is critical to family farmers and ranchers because it covers:
- Programs that help keep food producers on the land during times of environmental and economic uncertainty
- Trade relationships and food exports
- Federal loan programs that help food producers access financial resources necessary to maintain their operations
- Programs to ensure the future of American agriculture by training and supporting beginning and socially disadvantaged producers
The Farm Bill isn’t just for farmers – it affects consumers, rural communities, and the environment too:
- Helps farmers implement practices to mitigate and adapt to climate change
- Funds essential programs like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program that make food affordable for vulnerable populations
- Backs programs that help rural communities thrive by bolstering economic growth and improving quality of life.
But the success of the Farm Bill depends on two things: funding and timing. If Congress fails to pass the Farm Bill within the year, many of these important programs are at risk of expiring, leaving family farmers and hungry Americans without crucial support. Even if it is passed in 2018, if the programs don’t receive adequate funding, they won’t be able to do what they’re supposed to do - secure our nation’s food supply and natural resources, support our rural communities, and feed our hungry.
Sign this petition to ask for a Farm Bill that’s fully funded and passed on time – and join Farmers Union to fight for a food system that works for all of us.
Today: National Farmers Union is counting on you
National Farmers Union needs your help with “Congress: Don't cut funding for programs that protect family farmers and hungry Americans!”. Join National Farmers Union and 51,885 supporters today.