Taking #Action4Ashley- Mold infestation is causing poor air quality @ Ashley Elementary.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We're an organized group of concerned citizens seeking justice for the students, teachers, and staff of Ashley Elementary School.
Many of our community leaders and organizations have demanded answers and action concerning the bad air quality at the school.
This is not a new issue and despite the countless meetings and requests made, the Winston - Salem Forsyth County School Board has failed to offer any reasonable strategy to eliminate the risk and / or exposure of bad air due to the
Many teachers and students have come forward with their concerns due to respiratory challenges.
We are demanding IMMEDIATE ACTION. Please sign our petition to help us seek justice for our children, neighbors, and friends.
Here are the FACTS:
Indoor environmental quality can affect people's health
and can have economic and legal implications. For
- Poor IEQ increases asthma risk. There is ample and clear evidence that environmental exposures can make asthma worse, and mounting evidence that many of those same exposures may play a role in causing the disease.
- Numerous epidemiological studies have shown that, when asthmatics are exposed to building contaminants like mold antigens, those individuals have more frequent and more serious asthma attacks.
- Minimizing these exposures in the indoor environment can have a profound effect on improving the respiratory health of asthma patients.
- Pollutants can cause or contribute to other short- and long-term health problems, including respiratory tract infections, allergic reactions, headaches, congestion, eye and skin irritations, coughing, sneezing, fatigue, dizziness and nausea.
- Indoor pollutants can cause discomfort and reduce attendance and productivity.
- Recent data suggest that poor IEQ can reduce a person's ability to perform specific mental tasks requiring concentration, calculation or memory.
- Poor indoor environmental quality strains relationships among employees, family members, parents, teachers, students and school administrators.
Indoor environmental quality problems can result in liability issues or lawsuits.
Visit: http://epi.publichealth.nc.gov/oee/programs/iaq.htmlfor more information concerning bad air quality.
Today: Action For is counting on you
Action For Ashley needs your help with “Concerned Citizens of Winston - Salem: Taking #Action4Ashley- Mold infestation is causing poor air quality @ Ashley Elementary.”. Join Action For and 540 supporters today.