Three Springs Juvenile Facility in Madison Alabama Must Go!!!
This petition had 1,193 supporters
PETITION FOR THE IMMEDIATE RELOCATION OF THREE SPRINGS JUVENILE FACILITY
We the Citizens of Madison, Alabama demand that our elected officials immediately relocate the State contracted Three Springs Juvenile Facility (operated by Sequel TSI) a safe distance away from our city, because of the possible risk these juveniles pose to our community.
- THE MURDER: On August 14th 2017 two teenaged runaways from Three Springs allegedly robbed and brutally murdered 61 year-old construction worker Van Johnson at the Publix Shopping Center on County Line Road in Madison, Alabama (these individuals have not been convicted, only charged to date.)
- RUNAWAYS and ESCAPEES: Already in 2017, Three Springs has reported four runaways from the section devoted to juveniles in DHR custody, and one escapee from the medium security facility run by the Department of Youth Services." .
- WHO ARE THEY? According to their website, Three Springs houses young males ages 12-18 with "anger and aggression problems and a low degree of empathy, who may have been adjudicated by the Juvenile Justice System.
- IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD: This facility was established before 1997 when the County Line road region of Madison was a sparsely populated rural area. Today the City of Madison has grown to more than 50K residents and the area Is much more residential with schools, churches, elder care facilities and neighborhoods.
- NEAR YOUR CHILDS SCHOOL: Three Springs juvenile facility is within close proximity to these vulnerable populations:
- ***1.2 miles from Heritage Elementary School (900 students)
- ***1.2 miles from Liberty Middle School (767 Students)
- ***1.4 miles from Heritage Assisted Living and Memory Care
- ***2.2 miles James Clemens High School (1800 Students)
- ARE YOU SAFE? Three Springs' inability to control their at risk youth may pose a threat to the Citizens of Madison, Alabama. The relocation of the Three Springs juvenile facility is the only way to assure the Citizens of Madison will feel safe again in our Community
Today: Concerned Citizens of Madison Alabama is counting on you
Concerned Citizens of Madison Alabama needs your help with “Concerned Citizens of Madison Al : Three Springs Juvenile Facility in Madison Alabama Must Go!!!”. Join Concerned Citizens of Madison Alabama and 1,192 supporters today.